Do you ever end up just using bags that you no longer want but can't sell?

NagaJolokia

Living Hard
Nov 25, 2008
If you haven't been able to sell your unwanted bags at a decent enough price to you, have you ever just kept them and used them yourself or did you just give them away?

I think it may take a change of mentality towards the unwanted bags to do this for long periods of time, like paying attention to them merely for their function and not their appearance or anything else that was frivolous.

I don't usually. If I can't sell a bag, I'll either hold on to it for awhile and relist down the road and hope that it sells. If that doesn't work, then I drastically reduce the price just to get something for it and then hopefully learn from my mistake!

I've never sold a bag before. The ebay thread in this forum has scared the witts out of me! Mostly all bags that I tire of, I fortunately, hand over to my DD or give away to charity. I have one bag that is high end that I would like to sell but don't know the first thing about how to get started so I am keeping it for now.

I know what you mean.

I have a stash of bags that have no real monetary value and that I never use. I will do give the right bag to the right person if the opportunity strikes and I may well try to sell them at a future date or give them to a charity shop but I prob won't use them even just for function - after all I have enough bags I dearly dearly love and most of those don't get used enough either :shame:

I know what you mean.

I have a stash of bags that have no real monetary value and that I never use. I will do give the right bag to the right person if the opportunity strikes and I may well try to sell them at a future date or give them to a charity shop but I prob won't use them even just for function - after all I have enough bags I dearly dearly love and most of those don't get used enough either

Same here. If I have bags I don't want that I can't sell, I give them away. I have a clutch on the chopping block right now. It's probably going to end up going to Goodwill.

Bags I don't love anymore become my "rainy weather" bags and other situations where I wouldnt want to chance ruining a bag I still really love.

When it's really had it, then I just toss

I've only sold a handful of bags and that was when the playing field for sellers on ebay was more level

I don't usually. If I can't sell a bag, I'll either hold on to it for awhile and relist down the road and hope that it sells. If that doesn't work, then I drastically reduce the price just to get something for it and then hopefully learn from my mistake!

If I don't sell them this time (second try on Ebay), I will give up for awhile and possibly relist in the future with prob some changes, but I am still avoiding the drastically reduced prices as they are already heavily discounted.

I've never sold a bag before. The ebay thread in this forum has scared the witts out of me! Mostly all bags that I tire of, I fortunately, hand over to my DD or give away to charity. I have one bag that is high end that I would like to sell but don't know the first thing about how to get started so I am keeping it for now.

I was scared out of my mind reading that subforum and my real life friends' stories! I have never sold one either. It's so darn common to get scammed that it seems like a 50/50 chance. I have actually been sweating bullets with my stuff on Ebay even with prospective buyers asking questions and telling me/showing me such positive info about themselves. Some of the biggest scams I saw were from sellers/buyers with flawless feedback and a lot of them! This was why it took me so darn long to finally muster some strength out of my anus to list the pests online.

I know what you mean.

I have a stash of bags that have no real monetary value and that I never use. I will do give the right bag to the right person if the opportunity strikes and I may well try to sell them at a future date or give them to a charity shop but I prob won't use them even just for function - after all I have enough bags I dearly dearly love and most of those don't get used enough either :shame:

Yeah, if I actually knew someone that was right for one of my bags to gift, I would do so! That's not the case, unfortunately. Most of my bags are also at the very least valued at $400 or so and some in the thousands and under my circumstances, that is just too much to just give away to a random stranger!

Last edited:
Bags I don't love anymore become my "rainy weather" bags and other situations where I wouldnt want to chance ruining a bag I still really love.

When it's really had it, then I just toss

I've only sold a handful of bags and that was when the playing field for sellers on ebay was more level

Interesting. Heh, I'm currently doing that with one of my bags that I'm not going to sell because it's already ruined with a huge permanent milk stain among other things.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I just had to comment. I think reading the eBay forum is very educational, but also it's a bit jaded. I have sold ALOT of items on the Bay and have never had a problem with a buyer. I've sold Valentino bags, David Yurman jewelry, and some lower priced items, and it's all worked out okay. If you follow eBay's rules, it will ,mostly likely work out.

As for the question in the title of the thread, if I no longer feel the love for a bag in particular, I try to use for bit a while, if I really have no feelings for it whatsoever, and I can't sell it, I'll usually just it in the back of my closet, or give it to my mom or sister.

yup i sure do! i have a Bal city bag that i tried to sell a few times, but no one has offered a fair price (my opinion of course). since the Bal bag is so functional i end up using it but i dont feel the excitement from it compared to the bags i WANT to use and not feel pressured to use (instead of it sitting in my closet). hope that made sense!

I've given several bags (and a pair of Louboutins) to friends and family members. I'd rather just give them away to people who will love and use them than have them sit in my closet or in ebay hell.