Do you ever coordinate your BV items with other items in your wardrobe?

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
The photos from the SF meet up sparked some compliments regarding the purple scarf & shoes Mousse was wearing. I'm willing to bet that if a cabat came in Mona Lisa, she would have been carrying one....

Mona Lisa
Mousse: "I only have 2 pairs of BV shoes, but I often try to match colors. A favorite brand is Arche from France. I happened to match my shoes for the meet up with my scarf, earrings, and sunnies. My Mom would be proud of me for the accessory color coordination." (Quote lifted from the SF meet up thread.)

You can see the perfectly matching Mona Lisa bracelet in the bottom photo (snatched from an earlier thread).

Attachments

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
I try to. I should have switched to my Peltro Cabat because I wore silver sandals today. But I've had a hard few days at work (6 hours on Sunday, 10 yesterday and 9 today) and was just too harried to change out of the Nero Cabat or change the outfit to work with the bag I was carrying.

I don't do much with colored shoes. I have flip flops but that's about the extent of it. I wear so much black and grey that silver/pewter and black shoes work with most.

With accessories like scarves, I do more of this during the cooler months. I have two Hermes scarves but the one that gets the most wear is this rather fabulous no-name cotton paisley-esque scarf I picked up at this little shop in Paris five years ago.

Mousse

Boston Strong
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Silicon Valley
Diane, you are giving me a great start to my day. I'm up early because the "12 days of TX" starts in just a few hours. I wonder if I will find some purple Luccchese boots?

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
Diane, you are giving me a great start to my day. I'm up early because the "12 days of TX" starts in just a few hours. I wonder if I will find some purple Luccchese boots?
I am the wrong person to help you restrict your spending. I resign from that position so that I can fulfill my real duty....enabler. Lucchese boots weren't on my radar when I was riding. Besides, my money was going to new saddles and horse show expenses. How about Lucchese boots in a cheetah patterned suede?
:graucho: Hmmm..and what if that cabat with the metallic stitching shows up in a few months in Mona Lisa? :happydance:

Attachments

Last edited:

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
I try to. I should have switched to my Peltro Cabat because I wore silver sandals today. But I've had a hard few days at work (6 hours on Sunday, 10 yesterday and 9 today) and was just too harried to change out of the Nero Cabat or change the outfit to work with the bag I was carrying.

I don't do much with colored shoes. I have flip flops but that's about the extent of it. I wear so much black and grey that silver/pewter and black shoes work with most.

With accessories like scarves, I do more of this during the cooler months. I have two Hermes scarves but the one that gets the most wear is this rather fabulous no-name cotton paisley-esque scarf I picked up at this little shop in Paris five years ago.
You looked great wearing that silver gray top at the meet up. I think you could be the poster child for both Eileen Fisher's and Donna Karan's designs. I have similar climate issues and also use colored scarves in the winter. I need to take some time to try out some new combinations.