do you ever consider nonLV purchases, and you want them but then you think about how+

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
those two or three bags could get you one nice LV?

I'm having this dilemma of either getting the westminister or getting a very classic looking Tory Burch tote and this Jimmy Choo (very fun but don't know if its trendy) tote, and its tugging my heart strings bcuz I know that even though both those totes are on sale, I could put them together and with a little more money get the westminister... but then the other part of me says I could buy teh westminister in the summer for my graduation/bday present and I should take advantage of the sales....

ANYWAY does this happen to you? Do you often equate and compare your purchases to potential LV purchases?

Not really but I can see what you're saying. If you can buy the Westminster this summer then I say go for the two bags. You can always look at it this way, you are getting two bags instead of one.

For me there is no question I don't like Tory Birch bags and that Jimmy Choo should stick to making shoes. I find the J Choos rather hard and stiff to carry. And let's face it
Very few people recognize them but every woman in the world recognizes Louis Vuitton. You'll have your LV long after your Tory Burch has bitten the dust.

I know what you mean, but mine actually goes more like- if I buy this LV then I can't get that Chanel/Bal/3 pairs of shoes... so I have to prioritise. Just think through what you want more, if it doesn't work out what will the resale value be like? etc.

I do the same thing. I bought a Burberry bag and thought, I could've had this LV instead so I returned it and got a petit noe. I have a Fendi and I'm thinking I could have 2 LV slg's instead.
In the end, I always end up with LV. With other brands I'm worried that if I buy it now, it would go on sale after Christmas when it would be too late to return it. With LV, I know the price won't change and I won't be kicking myself for buying something today that is 50% off next week. LV prices are just going up.

It got to the point with me that I used to compare and calculate what LV purse I could get for 2 or 3 other non premiere designers. Then one day I realized I was wasting time even looking at other designers because my heart was so into Louis Vuitton.
And like you I'd be telling myself if I didn't buy the Marc Jacobs or MKors would be able to get the Evora or Westminster or right now I'm dreaming of the Mahina!
I know that I'd rather carry the Mahina any day over a Marc or Jimmy Choo. They just don't have the splendid history of LV.

Yes.. This had happened to me.. I really liked this MK Hamilton bag that I saw on Nordstrom.. I was contemplating on getting it until I decided to get it.. The metal hardware was not too durable, it looks like it can get rusty really quick as I had to exchange the first bag that I got coz the metal hardware was already getting dark. I wore it for maybe a week and I told myself, am I gonna keep this for too long like my LV? So long story short, I returned my MK bag and saved up for few months to pick up the purse that I've always wanted at LV.. No regrets at all..:smile:

I think it really depends if you really love your nonLV items... But then, since those 2 items are on sale and you really like them, you might as well get them now.. And that you know that the Westminster will never gonna go on sale and you can always purchase them whenever you want to.

It got to the point with me that I used to compare and calculate what LV purse I could get for 2 or 3 other non premiere designers. Then one day I realized I was wasting time even looking at other designers because my heart was so into Louis Vuitton.
And like you I'd be telling myself if I didn't buy the Marc Jacobs or MKors would be able to get the Evora or Westminster or right now I'm dreaming of the Mahina!
I know that I'd rather carry the Mahina any day over a Marc or Jimmy Choo. They just don't have the splendid history of LV.

See this is also my mindset. I do love the tory, I would still keep the tory because it reminds me of the chanel tote in its own way, but I guess I'm really questioning the Jimmy because I keep thinking while its so unique I could get the safer bag the westminister. I really loved it when it first came out but I knew I wouldn't pay retail and passed, but now that it is 470.. if it were 370 i'd have no problem, but idk... I do have 30 days to decide i suppose, but its very unique in my eyes: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/163645?resType=single&keywords=jimmy choo zodiac

LVoeletters said:
See this is also my mindset. I do love the tory, I would still keep the tory because it reminds me of the chanel tote in its own way, but I guess I'm really questioning the Jimmy because I keep thinking while its so unique I could get the safer bag the westminister. I really loved it when it first came out but I knew I wouldn't pay retail and passed, but now that it is 470.. if it were 370 i'd have no problem, but idk... I do have 30 days to decide i suppose, but its very unique in my eyes: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/163645?resType=single&keywords=jimmy%20choo%20zodiac

Wow, that Jimmy Choo is stunning!!! Now that I've seen it.....I may have to change my vote! It's TDF !!!!

Other brands just don't have that same luxury appeal over time. Were my TB/MK/Burberry/Choo bags expensive? Yes. But do I cherish them like my lv? Definitely not. After having my TB for less than 2 years it's become my "bar" bag. Personally for myself, less is more and I would rather save for the lv I have been lusting over knowing that I will still think highly of it years down the road. Hope this helps!

This happened to me last Saturday. I was quite excited to finally get my Alma BB in Monogram Vernis (Givr is the only available color and it suited me). My heart and mouth got itchy and i asked to see the Lockit BB in Monogram Fetish at the same time cos i saw it in the internet. OMG! I fell in love with both bags:tender:. How to choose? Both are seasonal items Alma BB and Lockit BB. Which BB to choose and bring home?:thinking:
And hence i did the right thing. Bring both back :lol:. I never regret the decision. :cool:

I only buy bags that I deem classic. With this, a good majority of my collection is LV but I also buy other brands like Chanel, Gucci, Fendi, and YSL because I believe the bags I bought are classics as well.