Do you ever buy handbag lots??

miu2

Chewy Redlands CA Police K-9
O.G.
Jun 27, 2007
Over the past year or so, my handbag addiction has escalated to Prada and Miu Miu bags. Because of this, I have a bunch of bags which I purchased a year or two ago and just don't use anymore. Instead of listing each bag separately, I'm thinking about listing them in one big lot. I have 5 bags from different designers which I think might fetch a hundred dollars or so each. I just don't want to hassle with it and end up paying all the listing fees on each bag. Do you think that it is a good idea to offer them all up in one auction? What are your opinions on "lot auctions"? :shrugs:

I think that a problem I see with the lot auctions is that the seller won't have detailed pictures of each item. If you make sure to have those, I would think that it would be okay.

You're probably right. I guess that I could offer to send more detailed pictures to those who are interested. I guess it won't hurt to try. :shrugs:

Best of luck - I have never purchased a lot, but I do agree that highly detailed photos of each individual item is crucial. Act like you are selling each piece by piece.

I would recommend you set up a Photobucket account (separate if you already have one) for just this purpose. This way you can load up on your pictures and post them in your auction for free. I say set up a separate one because with Photobucket, each photo links back to your album. Would hate for random eBayers to be able to peek into your private photos!!

I agree with the above statements, simply ask for more pictures of each item or find lots that already have lots of pictures of each item. You can be pleasantly surprised with what you get in some of those lot auctions. Make sure you read the descriptions though and make sure the pictures match up to them as well. some Sellers will say lot of 25 bags - LV, Prada...etc and only have two bags LV and prada and the rest all walmart bags or something like that, so you have to be careful with those.

Just be smart about it and you should be ok.

I know someone who did this with shoes. She didn't get nearly as much for them as she should have. I would think it would be very difficult to find the one person who is in love with all 5 bags you are selling at one time. KWIM?

Personally, I wouldn't do a lot auction, especially for handbags. To me, the advantage of doing a lot auction is if it's something that's similar in style or whatever.

The problem with handbags is, what if the buyer/bidder only likes a few of the styles that you're selling, and not all. As a result, they may walk away from the auction entirely. Unless you're offering it at a really, really good deal, I don't see the advantage of doing this.

I would take the time and try and list them separately. This way, you have the option of starting out your auctions at $9.99 with no reserve, and the listing fee is only 25¢. But of course, if you don't want to take the chance of selling it for $10 (if there is only one bid), then add a reserve price. I bet it will be worth it in the end.

I think you'll get a lot more for them individually. I once listed a small handbag lot of 3 bags...kept it up for a month, no movement at all. Finally I broke them up and they sold like hotcakes!

I would do it individually. I really believe you would get more $. When I see a lot auction i skip it. I usually think a fake may be thrown in or there will be some I do not like. I like Gucci and LV but not others and I am also picky about colors so I would pass.

I'd sell them individually, when I see a handbag lot, I usually think they are cheap or bad quality or very used. Plus, If I didn't like one, that'd stop me buying the whole set. I think you'd do better if you sold them separately!

When people sell things in lots it is often one or maybe two quality items and the rest is junk. I ignore lot sales. (Who needs more junk?) I agree with all those who say that you would do much better by selling them individually.

I guess it also depends if they are high end bags or just casual bags too.
High end bags, definately sell them separately.
Low end bags or casual looking bags I think would garner more attention than just selling them separately.