Do you ever buy a scarf that you love, but never wear?

Yup, my coral Turandot--doesn't suit my skintone at all, but I collect them so I want them all. And a beige Axis Mundi that I'm only recently finding ways of wearing; too beautiful to give up though. I feel your pain about the Turandot you exchanged--what colorway was it? Please don't say red.

I love your Toits colorway--how about wearing it with a navy, pale blue or ivory sweater or top?

O - DON'T ever sell that Axis Mundi!!!! Or...if you do.....sell it to ME.......!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!:P

I'm not sure how you feel about scarves in your hair, but I've only recently discovered how great the scarf can look with a horn ring as a headband (see the H-scarf tying book). It could be a great summer look--crisp white shirt and denim with the scarf as a headband.

Yup, my coral Turandot--doesn't suit my skintone at all, but I collect them so I want them all. And a beige Axis Mundi that I'm only recently finding ways of wearing; too beautiful to give up though. I feel your pain about the Turandot you exchanged--what colorway was it? Please don't say red.

Exactly the one you have in your avatar. So at least you have it. :yes: I just seem to have real problem with blue/orange color combos. Every time I see one, I love it to pieces. I just can not find a way to wear it.

Oh, by the way that Axis Mundi you have in beige sounds lovely. I'd kill for one myself, with all my browns and camels.. sigh.

Again, mostly browns and occasionally brighter colors like red and green.

Are you sure? Blue and orange going with red? And my reds are not bright, they are dark red which I usually pair with brown/camel skirts or pants.

The chimneys look red to me on my screen. Are they orange? Then, no red would not work....Try it with a pair of blue jeans and a black sweater.

Do you have a "playtime with your scarf "book?

LOL GF--okay, I'll keep you in mind when the pigs start flying. I've got a caramel colorway on the way...hope it won't be too similar!
:roflmfao:

I didn't know it came in beige and caramel (I only knew beige). I only have A.M. in the peach colourway....there's a gorgeous blue one, which I'd like, but I've been too busy throwing $$ at bloody fish designs - LOL!

The chimneys look red to me on my screen. Are they orange? Then, no red would not work....Try it with a pair of blue jeans and a black sweater.

Yeah, very vibrant red-orange. Jeans are too casual for me for work, however I can try an all black outfit (which is unusual for me)

Do you have a "playtime with your scarf "book?

Is that the hardcover scarf book from Hermes? I have it.

^^^

Yes that's the book. It may give you ideas on how to wear it where it won't "clash".

You don't have to just wear it to work. Grab yourself a grey or black sweater and some jeans or navy pants and go for it!

:P So if you are going to wear a navy scarf up by your face, its a good idea to balance the navy color through your outfit. Black with navy is a favorite French combination. Let's say you wear the navy scarf. Wear a t-shirt or sweater in black, blue jeans, then wear a belt and shoes in navy or black. The jeans will work as a lower body navy. OTOH, maybe this scarf doens't go with your coloring and that is why you are struggling with figuring out a way to wear it. Its very pretty. You could also just headwrap it like grace kelly and put on the big shades and crimson lipstick when you go out for a shop wearing jeans and a white tee shirt. Your head will look so glam, no one will even notice your outfit! :P

Tods, you could also wonderfully wear that scarf as a belt, cumberbund style. I have a scarf that I only occasionally wear around my neck (my olive-coloured Jumping) but as a belt - boy does it rock!

I have a scarf that I very much wanted, the "Haras Nationaux" which I simply adore both for aestetical and sentimental reasons (visited a lot of the "Haras" (i.e. stud farms) in France a couple of years ago). I don't wear it because a. it is in immaculate condition, and b. it doesn't really suit me as I hoped it would. I am thinking of getting it framed.