do you ever ask buyers to leave you feedback??

Feb 2, 2009
I have two buyers that haven't left feedback yet. :sad:
I've left feedback for them, but they haven't done the same for me! :sad:
Should I ask them to return the favor? Or would that be bad ebay etiquette??

I have two buyers that haven't left feedback yet. :sad:
I've left feedback for them, but they haven't done the same for me! :sad:
Should I ask them to return the favor? Or would that be bad ebay etiquette??

I have had sellers email me after a few days to ask if the transaction was good for me and if there is anything else they can do to make it better. They inform me that they have left positive feedback for me and hope I would do the same.
I don't think it is bad etiquette. On the contrary, depending on how you word it, I think it is good customer service.
Sometimes, I forget to leave feedback. When they remind me, it doesn't mean I will post my feedback straight away. But at least it will be at the back of my mind that I have to do it. I have had feedbacks given after 5 weeks from end of auction.

I agree, it's what Ebay is all about, and feedback is the final part of the transaction, so to speak. I do ask if it's been a good 2-3 weeks, but i'm polite about it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I never ask buyers to leave feedback. I assume if they haven't left any they just didn't want to, and it doesn't matter to me that much anyway.

In my "shipping notification", I say that I will be delighted to leave feedback once I know they are happy with their item and would appreciate them doing the same for me. After that, I never ask again.

Sometimes, it is best to leave things alone.

Once I bent over backwards to get a bag to a buyer. When I followed up with her to see if she was happy with the bag and asked her to leave feedback, she got incensed with me and threatened me with a negative feedback. Told me I should be lucky I got NO feedback.

LOL I never want to go there again.

no, i don't. i let it go if they don't leave feedback.

once a long time ago, a few years actually, i sold a breastpump. then messaged to ask for feedback, the lady was like hmm how can i leave feedback if i'm not even sure i got the item. i was like huh?

then i realized, if you don't hear from them, that is actually a good thing.

Few days ago, I emailed to 7 buyers to ask for feedbacks and only one returned my request so far. Yu, it irks me as well because they got nice feedbacks from me and I had none. From this point on, I would leave feedback if buyers do for me first!!! Pure and simple!:biggrin:

Nope, I NEVER ask for feedback. Back in the "old days" when ebay was much less regimented, one could get e-mail addys for anyone. One seller sent out an e-mail to about 150 people saying quite snottily "Hey it's been over a week since I sent your item, my feedback is overdue, please look after this ASAP". So a bunch of the people that he e-mailed sent e-mails to the list of people he'd e-mailed and arranged to give him negs and neutrals saying "here's the feedback you demanded, you jerk".

I figure if I don't hear from a buyer, oh well. Either they weren't thrilled but didn't think it was MY problem, had buyer's remorse but didn't think it was my problem, were happy and meant to do it, or whatever.

I also know that some people don't leave feedback because they don't want a "trail" of what they've bought, or who they've dealt with. (Collectors, especially in niche markets, can be cut-throat!)

Usually when I complete a transaction and I send an e-mail to let the buyer/

seller know that I do leave feedback and would appreciate i if they would

do the same. I think most buyers/sellers expect that and like it as well.

If one is not happy with the item, they would or should contact fairly quickly

and if it is resolved favorably, then feedback is left. That has been my experience.

I never ask buyers for feedback and I wouldnt want a seller to ask me for it either. I just had a buyer ask me for feedback which I might have left (hadnt decided) but now I am put off. He took forever to pay and I had waited almost 2 weeks and was about to file an NPB alert when he finally paid. So I wasnt thrilled with the transaction to begin with but now I think I will leave nothing.