do YOU ENJOY getting your hair done?!

crodrigue

Addicted to Strass!
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Hello Ladies,
I am in a women's class and I am doing a presentation on women and if the majority ENJOY getting their hair done? Why do you enjoy it / not enjoy it?
Please take the time and send me a quick reply - I really need your help!
Thanks so much in advance!!
:tup:

*Jem*

Lynnsanity
O.G.
May 7, 2006
Dallas
Nope. My hair is long thick and curly. I am a stylists worst nightmare. Usually they are complaining about how much hair I have and ruining any pleasure I would have from getting my hair done.

Aug 31, 2008
idk, I wouldnt exactly call it relaxing...unless your just speaking of the shampoo part
I don't know, I tend to find the entire thing relaxing and always look forward to my hair appointments. I usually schedule my cut/color appointments on weekends, and it takes about two hours from start to finish. My salon is a bit of a drive from where I live. It has a great ambiance, and the people who work there are great and I always enjoy chatting with them. Being in the salon is one of the few times I'm not multitasking on my Blackberry. So I have two hours entirely dedicated to pampering myself, even if it's only a cut and color. It's a nice break for me :smile:.

annanas

O.G.
Jul 15, 2006
hmmm sort of. i love the shampoo part since my hairdresser does an amazing massage, and i enjoy catching up with magazines, but the whole sitting there with my highlights in and getting it cut and hair getting everywhere i could do without. i've never been that anxious about the whole thing, i just think hair grows (and mine seems to do so at a phenomenal speed). if i came out with orange hair i might have some thoughts about it :wtf: but so far no dye disasters.

EllAva

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
Dec 27, 2009
the South
I love getting my hair done. The shampooing is definitely the best part but I like the whole process, knowing my hair will look great at the end. The only part I dislike is that my salon is kind of pretentious as a whole and thus it can be a little uptight. But the end product makes it all worth it.

Brooke11

polisher
Apr 13, 2008
east coast
I like how it looks afterwards and I enjoy having my hair washed (although it hurts the back of my neck SO MUCH), but it is just too time consuming (and expensive) for me to enjoy it much.

cheburashka

ON ROTATIONS !!!!!
O.G.
Mar 25, 2008
No, I have incredibly long hair and I'm always scared that the stylist will get scissor happy and will cut waaaaay too much. It hapened to me several times before and the last time it happened, I had such bad haircut and it was soooo short that the only way I could salvage my remaining hair, was to cut all the choppy short layers off and let it grow.

Took me five years to re-grow my hair back to nearly waste and I'm always acared a stylist will ruin it.

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
Not really. I like my hairdresser and the salon is nice. The room where they shampoo is like a massage room with the new agey music and she massages my head. So it's pleasant enough but still it's a drive for me to get there and find a parking spot, etc. I'd just as soon be shopping.

xikry5talix

kry5tal...get it?!:]
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
I don't love getting my hair done. I hate having to sit there for more than 1 hour or 2 for cut, dye, etc. If I could have it my way, I'd be in and out!