Do you duplicate your handbags?

Sounds just like a thread I created a few days about about if it's pointless to have two bags that look alike.

And no I haven't but thought about it. Especially with some of my favorites, to have a backup.

Yes...I purchased the Deere Colhoun large Sienna in black snakeskin, brown snakeskin, plum, and camel! I also have a Gustto Baca in winter white with black patent trim, purple with snake trim, cognac, and summer white.

Last edited:
I have thought about doing this, but never have. I have one bag that I really love and the thought of it wearing out or getting lost upsets me, so I thought I should get another just in case. I controlled myself, though. I just try to take really good care of it.

Sounds just like a thread I created a few days about about if it's pointless to have two bags that look alike.

And no I haven't but thought about it. Especially with some of my favorites, to have a backup.

Actually, your thread shows having the same bag in multiple colors and/or styles; my thread is about having the same bag in the same color, style, and everything else! That's two plus identical bags. I do not know why this thread was moved. I thought I had made myself very clear in the subject line and in the leading post??????

it's not overkill at all. i own two styles that i can't get enough of, so i've purchased them in different colors and why not? it's hard to find something that truly works for you, so when you do, you should stick to it.

There is nothing wrong with having the same bag but in different colors. I have a Longchamp that I own in black and beige and a no-name brand in black and buttercup.

DOOOOO IT!!! I duplicate everything I love--shoes and bags. If you know what you like, and you know what works for you, why not? It's better than getting something that you'll only wear once!

If you find a bag that is absolutely perfect in every way, I don't see why you wouldn't have it in every color the brand makes. It's so hard to find just Exactly.What.We.Want. It only makes sense to get more than one, if it's your Holy Grail, KWIM?