Do you dress up when you go to the boutique?

I never dress up just because I'm going in an expensive store...I feel your attitude and how you carry yourself makes a greater impression than what you're wearing. If you walk in with sweats and runners yet show the sales associates you know what you want and what you're talking about, there is no problem.

Yes I do .. But not to get better treatment.. I do it, because even though it isn't a long trip to get to Vuitton, I see it as a thing to look forward too, like a mini excursion.. I really like to prepare and look pulled together ( not that I look like a slob normally)

The few times I've been in LV boutique, I've always been there during work breaks, so I would be in my work clothes, which are normally dress pants, or a nice skirt, nice blouse, and nice fitted jacket. So, I don't think I've been overly dressed up, but look nice for myself. I work in an office, so no jeans or runners. :sad:

I actually just bought a pair of jeans over the holidays, because I realized I had 3 weeks off for holidays - and I didn't want to wear my work clothes. I have not really owned a pair of nice jeans for about 3 years. I don't own a pair of sweat pants. I feel like, what if I know someone who knows me and sees I look like a slob. Growing up, my mom never let us kids wear or own sweat pants. To her, it looked sloppy. I think if you wear what makes you the most comfortable, you will always look great.

Edit: I might add, I had a LV purse. Maybe its not important to have this, but I walked in, and right away, someone always wanted to help me.

I think it largely depends on the store you go to - some stores, the SAs treat you better when you look more presentable. At other stores, the SAs are nice even if you are in slippers.

I live in Singapore and the flagship store at Ngee Ann City is always packed and the SAs can get impatient with you, so they are more "selective" about who they serve, although I must say that though I don't get head to toe treatment, they are friendly and helpful when you need them.

When I go to the less crowded store, I am given more attention and I can take my time to browse and look at everything and I almost always go with casual t-shirt jeans/mini skirt and birkenstocks. I get the best treatment still.

Of course, carrying an LV bag definitely helps, though not essential!

I don't dress up but the SA always have nice things to say about my oufit. I'd normally wear my work clothes (casual office wear) cos I walk pass the store almost everyday or denims if I'm not from work. I want to be comfortable while shopping; not try to impress the SA. God! Dressing up for them is a waste of my precious shopping time!

I can't be bothered to dress up if I don't really have to. This way the SAs who don't snub me gets the business - they deserve it for not having double standards.

I do this all the time to "test" the SA's sincerity and professionalism. It's my money, I get to decide who earns it :smile:

I never dress up just because I'm going in an expensive store...I feel your attitude and how you carry yourself makes a greater impression than what you're wearing. If you walk in with sweats and runners yet show the sales associates you know what you want and what you're talking about, there is no problem.

I totally agree with you! The way u carry yourself is so important and tells alot.

I can't be bothered to dress up if I don't really have to. This way the SAs who don't snub me gets the business - they deserve it for not having double standards.

I do this all the time to "test" the SA's sincerity and professionalism. It's my money, I get to decide who earns it :smile:

That's totally true! I take it as a benchmark test to see how professional they are. I have never made the effort to dress up but I have a couple of SAs who are still extra nice to me. :yes:

I actually hate going into the LV boutique here. I almost always buy/look at LV at Neiman Marcus because I am treated better. I am in my mid 20s but I look pretty young and it is nearly impossible to get them to help me when Im in the boutique. It really turns me off. I dress well and I have nice clothes and this is the only boutique this happens in. I can walk into YSL in sweat pants and be treated like a queen.

I'm usually dressed in jeans, hoodie/simple tops with heels, nothing dressy/glamourous and I only usually visit the stores that I am familiar with. I think dressing up works on most of the stores, especially the noob / snobby SAs.