Do you dress up to go to the Hermes store?

No, I just wear what I normally dress in and , like Cynthia said, a nice smile is always appreciated.
You should see how Rose dresses normally!! Just check out her posts! Clean, casual, courteous and interested will get you where you want to go! The advice about the smile is very true. And of course, don't let the first word out your mouth be Birkin!:nogood:

well i think he may have avoided us a little. LOL. the staff thought it was funny and rolled their eyes at us a lot.
I wonder how many times a day they see that exact same thing happen? They are probably jealous that all the women want him for their own and they may actually have to rely on knowledge and extend themselves. It sounds like this guy could drag anything out of any case, look you over approvingly as you try it on, and you would say you'll take it!

I wonder how many times a day they see that exact same thing happen? They are probably jealous that all the women want him for their own and they may actually have to rely on knowledge and extend themselves. It sounds like this guy could drag anything out of any case, look you over approvingly as you try it on, and you would say you'll take it!

Pretty much.

"Oh! A Himalaya! Why, D*****, when you hold it, somehow it looks terribly irresistable! Ring it up, please."

:roflmfao:

No, I usually go in there stark naked so they will sell me a birkin bag in a hurry just to get me out of the store.

Seriously, I try to look presentable, meaning jeans that are not destroyed. But then again, I live in Manhattan, where, if you go out in public looking not well put together, they put you in the public gallows and humiliate you. I should know, since it happens to me on a regular basis.

I had to come back 'cause i never answered the real question.

I do tend to dress nicely when I go to H but I do that whenever I go out. OK I don't wear couture to the grocery store but even then I try to look nice, b/c you never know who you will meet!!!!! And it's nice to always look your best IMO. Somewhere I read "dress like you were going to church." You could wear jeans to church and they wouldn't look at you funny as long as you were neat and tidy.

That said I am probably breaking out the croc today just for the hel* of it!!! whooooop! :yahoo:
or...then again maybe i'll break out a beautiful little vintage bag that i hardly ever take out...she needs to go for a spin too.

I do tend to dress nicely when I go to H but I do that whenever I go out. OK I don't wear couture to the grocery store but even then I try to look nice, b/c you never know who you will meet!!!!! And it's nice to always look your best IMO. Somewhere I read "dress like you were going to church." You could wear jeans to church and they wouldn't look at you funny as long as you were neat and tidy.

That said I am probably breaking out the croc today just for the hel* of it!!! whooooop! :yahoo:
or...then again maybe i'll break out a beautiful little vintage bag that i hardly ever take out...she needs to go for a spin too.

Totally agree! I decided to wear my new chevre red Kelly today!

I couldn't agree more :yes:. I wear jeans, but I would always have my Friday/Weekend jacket on which usually is some kind of tweed. And from my past career, I have all my tailored suits which I wear all the time. Believe it or not, I still wear a jacket when I go to the grocery store as well. :P

My rule of thumb is this: if unsure about an occasion's level of formality, overdressing is the safer bet. By dressing up, not only do you pay a compliment to your client, cohort, or company, but you always have the option of removing your jacket. Plus, don't you feel good when you know you look like a million dollars. ;) Especially being a SAHM, it's easy to let a lot of things slide and I really don't want to go there.

Pretty much.

"Oh! A Himalaya! Why, D*****, when you hold it, somehow it looks terribly irresistable! Ring it up, please."

:roflmfao:

LOL!

I am dying to know who this guy is...hlfinn or someone PM me!!

Back to the question...I usually wear casual but reasonably put-together clothes when I go to my local store, but they know me. I always carry an H bag in there. When I go to another store, I tend to dress up more.

I was always taught always look your best (which I cut down to "do my best")..."you never know who you will see".......HC Maybe we are related???;)

I couldn't agree more :yes:. I wear jeans, but I would always have my Friday/Weekend jacket on which usually is some kind of tweed. And from my past career, I have all my tailored suits which I wear all the time. Believe it or not, I still wear a jacket when I go to the grocery store as well. :P

My rule of thumb is this: if unsure about an occasion's level of formality, overdressing is the safer bet. By dressing up, not only do you pay a compliment to your client, cohort, or company, but you always have the option of removing your jacket. Plus, don't you feel good when you know you look like a million dollars. ;) Especially being a SAHM, it's easy to let a lot of things slide and I really don't want to go there.

:yes:

I had a slightly unpleasant experience in Hermes today, actually, and I think it was based on two things: what I was wearing and my youth (I'm 25).

I'd received a scarf as a gift from a client but I felt that it was too old for me so I took it in to exchange. I was wearing nice jeans and top, my Chloe bag, and nice flip flops/jewelry. I didn't look like a millionaire, but I didn't look like a bum, either. However, the clerk I initially spoke with was disdainful and rude to the extreme. She barely spoke to me and acted like I was trash under her feet. She asked if I'd seen anything I liked and I said I was looking for the moment.

She brought me my store credit and couldn't have walked away fast enough.

I wandered around the store for a bit because I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted (well, beyond a Birkin, which I can't afford!!!!) and ended up back at the scarf counter. This time, a very lovely woman asked if I needed help, had suggestions based on what I said I wanted it for, and I ended up a very happy customer with a beautiful Belles du Mexique scarf. I even bought a bracelet, though I hadn't planned on spending a lot of money there!

I just wish that first lady was nice to me because it did sour my overall experience. I don't have a lot of disposable income now (25 and in an arts job in NYC) but there was no reason for her to treat me so poorly. She's a clerk for crying out loud! Anyway, just wanted to vent. It apparently can make a difference what you wear and how you're treated.