Do you do this? (Making a purchase/building a collection)

Aug 16, 2006
Am I a weirdo? When I look for handbags, I actively think about how it complements the rest of my collection. Some people think only 100% of the individual bag, but not me, especially LV (I recently fell in love!). I love epi and am trying to build a "warm" collection - I already have something in cannelle and mandarin, so I'm looking for things in vanilla, moka, and yellow. Just thinking about the warm family sitting together makes me feel all fuzzy inside! :love: Am I strange, or do you do it too?

Totally! I have to be careful because I have a tendency to buy a lot of really similar things (12 berry-plum colored lip glosses, 4 pairs of black flats, 6 dark colored cashmere sweaters...etc). Whenever I buy a bag, I have to think about what "hole" in my collection it will fill, or I would end up with zero variety.

Totally! I have to be careful because I have a tendency to buy a lot of really similar things (12 berry-plum colored lip glosses, 4 pairs of black flats, 6 dark colored cashmere sweaters...etc). Whenever I buy a bag, I have to think about what "hole" in my collection it will fill, or I would end up with zero variety.

ITA, I'm definitely conscious about what I purchase and remind myself to expand my tastes with everything I buy.

So not necessarily because I want to build a "warm" collection like you are, OP, but because I do not want to waste hard-earned cash buying 8 of the same thing. Haha.

I do that... I have a tendency to buy satchels ALOT... so when it came time to buy the Watercolor speedy or the Neverfull, I had a hard time deciding but I went with the Neverfull b/c I felt my collection needed a big shoulder bag. Although the colorfulness of the Watercolor would have went nicely also, but I could only buy one or the other... :smile:

You're not a weirdo. I do it too. It really helps knowing that your purses go with your wardrobe. If I just looked at every individual bag, I'd want almost each one I see.

Not really, I would love to have all the Epi colors as your planning though!
I just have a diffrent theme going on for my bags, but I wouldnt mind adding speedies! Love the shape and dont mind that it's handheld at all, I find it very practical to me!

I do think about how to build my collection but not in the same sense you do. I want a bag in every line that LV has...or at least, that's the goal! Next one should be a damier ebene for me!

ITA, I'm definitely conscious about what I purchase and remind myself to expand my tastes with everything I buy.

So not necessarily because I want to build a "warm" collection like you are, OP, but because I do not want to waste hard-earned cash buying 8 of the same thing. Haha.

I agree! Right now I'm trying to pick a variety of shapes for my small-ish collection. For example, I really like the alma, but it's kind of similar to the LH, which I have. So I'm thinking of a Pap 30 or Ellipse instead:supacool:.

A little bit, now that I have a modest base collection built up - I am realizing that I need more colour in my collection so I bought the WC papillon and I want the silver suhali lockit and maybe something pomme. When I first started out though, I didn't really care and just bought whatever.