Food Do you do Thanksgiving leftovers?

Sep 13, 2006
Assuming you have leftovers from your thanksgiving meal, I was just curious as to if most people continue to eat them or not. Do you leave the decadent and indulgent food behind and continue your "normal" daily eating habits, or do you let yourself indulge a little more? :smile:

I was just curious because even though leftovers are veryyy tempting to me, I usually like to get right back on track the day after, with "normal" eating, since thanksgiving style food is defintely not stuff I would eat on a normal basis.

Would love to hear everyones thoughts!

I always eat the leftovers but our family don't do the decadent and indulgent food for thanksgiving. We just have the healthy turkey, mash potatoes (butterless and made with almond milk which sounds weird but is super yummy), salads kind of thing - even the gravy we make is vegetarian. This year, our family and friends decided to go with less carbs and cut out the bread as well (wonderful for me then I don't have to worry about cross contamination with bread crumbs scattered around).

I like taking the leftover turkey meat and put some spices on it and make it into a sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, etc.

yum, i already had a plateful this morning for lunch. I think thanksgiving dinner is better the second time around. Had two platefulls yesterday for dinner, along with two pieces of pie and it was wonderful but there is just something about heating up a plate the next day that just tastes so much better, i never worry about calories, it's pointless, if it's good i'm gonna eat it and eat as much as i want and enjoy it!

I will usually have a repeat (but smaller) plate for lunch the next day, which was today and then I'm done, sick of leftovers now. There's usually not enough leftovers to make new meals out of them anyway.

yum, i already had a plateful this morning for lunch. I think thanksgiving dinner is better the second time around. Had two platefulls yesterday for dinner, along with two pieces of pie and it was wonderful but there is just something about heating up a plate the next day that just tastes so much better, i never worry about calories, it's pointless, if it's good i'm gonna eat it and eat as much as i want and enjoy it!

I agree with you! We had the last of the leftovers tonight for dinner, and now we are officially over it lol. It was very good and I am glad that I allowed myself to enjoy the leftovers this year when normally I don't :smile:

I'm planning on using the turkey for a slow cooker recipe that I will most likely freeze for later, and I took the leftover mac & cheese, and added truffle oil before reheating. Luckily it's all gone now so I'm not tempted by sneaking bites here and there!

Mmm, turkey sandwiches the next day (or days) with mayo and wasabi are the best. I also usually reheat some stuffing and mix it with some cranberry sauce. Holiday meals only come once a year, and we never have this sort of thing otherwise, so I do indulge. Thanksgiving foods put me in the holiday mood, and I find myself wanting to decorate and get ready for the holidays!

Besides having a second plate of everything the next day? LOL! Ok...I freeze it all after I make it!
1. Turkey Tettrazini (spelling)
2. Turkey Chili
3. Turkey Wild Rice Soup
4. Turkey Enchilada Mix

The only thing that is fresh is enough to make Turkey sandwiches with Tomatoes, Bacon, Avocado Spread , Red Onion and then baked on a baquette!

I love holiday leftovers!!! I usually eat them just as they are for the few days afterward, & change things around after that. of course, turkey sandwiches are a tradition. one of the best things about making the effort to cook all of that wonderful food are the leftovers that stretch the celebration for a few more days!