Do you consider Tabac Camel and Gris T year-round colours?

edelzee

O.G.
Jun 25, 2009
Hello! Please help me solve this dilemma.

I have a Tabac Camel Birkin and a Gris T Birkin. I found myself shying away from using them during the winter months. I feel that the colours are too light and don't match what I wear in the winter. I wear casual clothes most of the time albeit dark colours in the winter.

Although I have a Black Box Kelly Sellier with GHW, I found myself lusting after a Black Birkin lately. I feel the BBK is too formal, Tabac Camel Birkin and Gris T Birkin are too light in colours for the winter....Please help.....:hrmm: Are these facts justify me getting a Black Birkin? I do want to make use of all my bags and don't want to have too much.

Please enable or talk me out of it as you see fits. Thank you all in advance. :flowers:

I have a tabac camel birkin, and I use it year round. I believe it looks great with white as well as dark (esp. black) clothing. I think Gris T would serve the same purpose. Both offer a nice contrast to the dark clothing.

Of course, a black birkin is classic. It is a nice addition to one's collection.

BBB is definitely my grail

and i find gris T very wintery for me... I use it as a "winter" bag and sienne as a "summer" bag

Gris T is the new black for me

Tabac camel has been announced as the Barenia replacement at FSH and I was offered it last year but I turned it down actually as it was all new to me.

Tell me how does it compare to the Barenia? Can you post some pics also regarding slouch etc?
:ty:

edelzee, I have neither Tabac-Camel nor Gris T, but I do have Gold (in a Togo Birkin) which is a bit darker than TC, but in the same general color family. I never hesitate to carry that in the winter (am traveling with it now), as it looks stunning with black, or dark brown for that matter. Having said that, I also have a BBB with GHW, and love that just as much. No, I can't talk you out of a Black Box Birkin, so you are only going to get encouragement to get one from me :graucho:

loves Yes, isn't BBB just fabulous. :yes: If I were to get a Black Birkin I don't think I'd go for Box though. My Black Box Kelly seems so formal to me. I think I want a look that's more casual.

thimp So glad to know that you're using you Tabac Camel year-round. When I bought it, I intended to use it year-round but somehow I shy away from doing just that. Thank you for your support on that thought! :flowers:

Robee I don't see so many light coloured bags around so much here in the cold months. Must be nice to be in the tropics. I hope you get your BBB soon.

Hair-mess Thank you. I think I'll try to work with what I have before running out to chase for a Black Birkin. I should at least try for one more winter and see how I feel. Black Birkin can wait, no?

CleoChinChin Tabac Camel is very pretty. Mine doesn't slouch (yet!) as I lay it down and rest it on the pillow when not in use.

WingNut Gold is so pretty as well. It does look stunning with black. I bet your BBB is stunning too! Thank you for your encouragement. :winkiss:

Costa Thank you! And I would love a bag in your avatar. Oh, and your signature 'Crinoline Birkin' as well! :blush:

dreamdoll Thank you for stopping by! The pic of your Black Birkin does have a part in starting this lust of mine after a Black Birkin. :love:

Hermesaholic Exactly my dilemma. I wear mainly dark colours in the winter.

tillie46 Thank you. I'll start using my Gris T and Tabac Camel bags more starting today!

Tabac camel has been announced as the Barenia replacement at FSH and I was offered it last year but I turned it down actually as it was all new to me.

Tell me how does it compare to the Barenia? Can you post some pics also regarding slouch etc?
:ty:

CleoChinChin, I don't believe there is anything similar in Tabac Camel clemence and natural barenia. Tabac camel is slouchy, while barenia holds its shape very well. I will attempt to do a side by side pic of the two later on tonight.