Do you colour your hair?

i don't even know what color my hair is naturally anymore. last time it was completely free of dye i was still in elementary school. :smile: i've done it at home a couple of times, but only to dye over highlights with dark dye. i HATE roots and sometimes i couldn't get to the big city for a touch up, so box color it was. it always turns out red. i prefer to have it done at a salon. now that i finally found a stylist in town that i like i go much more often and i'm more bold about my color choices. i'm blonde at the moment and liking it a lot. we'll see how long this lasts.

I'm 30 now but I've been colouring my hair since I was 14!

I use to colour my hair because I like change, I still like change, but now I colour my hair to cover all the greys!!

My mother started going gray when she was 16 and unfortunately, I'm not too far behind, got my first grey hair when I was 20 and now I'm covered....oh I am tied to a lifetime of hair colouring :sad:

I have been colouring my hair since I was 13 though it alway have been quite difficult to see because my hair is naturally so dark.

But now I'm just sick of haircolours and I just want my original colour back.

When I was in HS I dyed my hair golden blonde, and I stayed that way for about 3 years. Then my hair started thinning, so I completly stopped for a year. Then I dyed my hair black, hoping that In time it'll fade away to my natural color of dark brown. And it's working ;o)

I started highlighting my hair back when I was 19 and I guess I haven't really stopped - I'm close to 30 now! Although these days I dye it very dark brown to kind of mimic my natural hair color (but whenever I go out in the sun, it seems to lighten by itself now). My brother jokes that I don't even remember my natural hair color and now I'm just guessing... ;)

I haven't seen my natural color of dark brown in 2 years lol. I just got sick of it, and got it highlighted in a salon to brown w/ blonde and red, but, that 200$ salon bill was crazy, so, I quickly dumped that and have since done it myself. Highlighting it is easy, I just go to a beauty store and buy a cap with holes in it, pull my hair thru and highlight it that way. Otherwise, I'd always be at the salon! I always wait a month or two before re-dying my hair, sometimes longer, and I was a red head for about 9 months. I'm now a blonde, but, am about to dye it black for a change. We'll see how it goes :smile:

melisande said:
I was in the grocery store, in the drugstore area, and I saw a woman with amazing (really amazing!:love: ) hair reach over and scoop up a package of home hair colour.

So. I just wanted to ask. Do you guys colour? If so, do you do it yourself, or do you have it done professionally?

I've never had my hair professionally coloured. My natural hair colour is blonde, but not really pale blonde. I've sometimes used a few of those semi-permanent rinse things that wash right out.

I get mine done at the salon. It gives me to time to myself, no kids and time out of the house :smile: I normally get it done about everything 3-4 months, depending on the style/color i'm going with at the time.

my natural hair color is a dark brown and i've dyed it black, honey brown, strawberry blonde, and many shades in between.. i've only attempted to dye my hair at home once and that didn't come out too good since i couldn't get the dye to spread evenly. other times, i go get it done or i'll ask my aunt or my bff to help me dye it.

I do! And, yes, I do it at homne also-just did it last night as a mater of fact.

I have grey and a large grey streak right in the middle of my head like a skunk-looks horrible if I don't dye it. I started getting grey and the grey streak probably in my 20s-it wasn't too bad then, but has gotten worse over the years. And, I am only 41 now. I wouldn't be totally grey if I didn't dye-but, there would be enough grey in my hair to make it look bad IMO.

I use a great Nice N Easy color that matches my normal hair color wonderfully.