Do you check in your Expensive Luggage ??

1. When Flying,
    The answer for me with that question is HELL NO !!!! I lost all my luggage ( L.V ) in Jamaica 2 years ago of course they insisted that I checked it in. I never saw them again after that, trying to trace them was a joke. Trust me I learnt my lesson When traveling not to take any high end luggage that you will have to part with, I put everything in the over head or under my seat.:sad:

2. My mom is a crazy luggage collector she buy alot of them and those airline people are not too nice about treating your luggages too...sad.

3. I refuse to invest in high end luggage. Bags are too large to carry on and I refuse to worry about someone throwing it or it getting lost. My carry on is a nicer bag that holds enough for 2 days.

4. Good idea~

5. i'd never check anything nice than samsonite, or pack anything nicer than that in anything i was going to check. i fly through the atlanta airport, and that's the busiest airport in the world, i'm not taking any chances.

6. I don't have expensive luggage, but me and my friend once carried $10,000 between us to south africa. :weird: it was kinda nerve wracking and it was on us. So I can't imagine having $10k worth of suitcases out of your site!
    once I got my checked luggage back and it had white crap all over it, I was so pissed. no way I would trust anything expensive to airport people.

7. I have a LV Keepall 55, and am planning to special order a Keepall 50 in Vachetta. The key for me is...TRAVEL VERY LIGHTLY. I usually don't go away for more than a week, and usually one duffel bag is plenty for me. BUT, would I ever check my Keepall... NEVER EVER IN A MILLION TRILLION YEARS!!! Especially the vachetta one, when I get it ^_~

8. I don't carry expensive luggage, it seems kind of pointless if you know it's going to get manhandled if you check it in at the airport. I'd rather spend the money on a few expensive bags than on luggage. My parents gave me a nice American Tourister luggage set for my birthday last year, and it works just fine :biggrin:

9. The only way to travel with Louis Vuitton luggage (trunks, cases, not just the duffel) is to have your own jet... on a commercial airline, that stuff screams: "STEAL ME."

I don't use expensive luggage for fear that someone will steal it. Luggage gets the crap beaten out of it just loading and unloading.

10. Does it ever!

I only take one of my LV Keepalls on the plane with me. The rest is cked but I don't take my other LV's becuase I can't carry them on the plane with me.

11. I don’t have expensive luggage..(will never invest on them either) :huh:

And even the expensive handbags I have.. I hate to travel with any of them..:blink: (crazy I know) but because I hate it when I put it in that x-ray machine as I always feel it’ll get dirty:cry: .. because some airports x-ray people’s shoes.. so I rather take a non expensive handbag during traveling for I wont kill myself if it gets dirty!! :sad2:

12. I keep all valuable items in compact carry on. Would never trust my luggaae to the airlines!

13. I wouldn't buy an expensive piece of luggage that I have to check in. Anything that I don't have to check in, I can deal with it.

14. Just as you said Pradasmeadow H*LL NO!

15. These comments are scaring me. I will be traveling this winter, hopefully with my pegase 60 and keepall 55. I would have to check in my pegase 60. Now I am very worried about whether or not my luggage would be stolen..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice