Do You Change Out Your Bag When The Weather Is Bad?

Jul 21, 2006
Today, it is going to rain and thunderstorm. I have to go outside. I'm going to change into a handbag that I don't care about as much if it gets pelted by rain. Does anyone else do the same thing, or do you just use what you have at the moment? After all, it only takes me 30 seconds to reload!! :P

Absolutely, I change handbags! If I happen to be out when a storm starts and I'm left unprepared, I put my bag under my coat or in a shopping bag. I've also been known to wait until a thunderstorm has passed before venturing out with a nice bag.

I always consider the weather when I pick my bag. (Usually I change my bag twice a day.:shame: ) Some of my bags can fair bad weather than others. Usually I will take my Ferragamo Marissa bag or my Prada leather hobo in bad weather.

yes! i will bring a bag i don't care about or my nylon prada that i know can take it. usually i pack a plastic bag in my good bags in case it starts to rain. i'm crazy. lol

Today, it is going to rain and thunderstorm. I have to go outside. I'm going to change into a handbag that I don't care about as much if it gets pelted by rain. Does anyone else do the same thing, or do you just use what you have at the moment? After all, it only takes me 30 seconds to reload!! :P

I sure do! Although the bags that I usually change out to I don't LOVE, so that, along with the dreary weather, tends to change my mood a bit. :shrugs:

I guess my mood would really be changed if I ruined a good bag though! :yes:

Hello Compass Rose! I'm a fellow Floridian in Sarasota...Oh, yes...I definitely change my bag on these rainy days...and this is certainly a gloomy, gray drizzly day. And if I'm ever caught short I have a large plastic bag folded flat in a zip-lock bag to whip out, if needed. I have one that stays in every handbag. It's not pretty but oh well, it does the job in protecting my precious cargo.

I definitely choose my bag based on what the weather is like outside, what I'm wearing, and what I will be doing that day. Patent leather is a wonderful choice for stormy days here. I usually don't worry about my regular leather bags too much. But if I was outside for a prolonged period I would cover them with my coat. I would rather get wet than let my bags get soaked!