Do You Change Out Your Bag When The Weather Is Bad?

Just the other day, there was a heavy thunderstorm, no way it was going to stop soon. So, into a shop I went, bought an item but begged for the biggest plastic bag they have. Into the plastic bag went my Roxanne, well protected, whilst I ran all the way into the car, totally unprotected and drenched!

As what was said earlier, it's a brilliant idea and I shall do this from now on - carry a folded plastic bag and tucked it neatly into the bag that I'm carrying for that day.

I usually fish out my Longchamp on rainy days.

I wouldn't use a permeable bag like a Sak or something knitted or cloth because of my cell and mp3 player, or if I'm going to be outside in damp weather, I use a nylon bag that's semi-waterproof and won't get ruined immediately.

I definitely choose my bag based on what the weather is like outside, what I'm wearing, and what I will be doing that day. Patent leather is a wonderful choice for stormy days here. I usually don't worry about my regular leather bags too much. But if I was outside for a prolonged period I would cover them with my coat. I would rather get wet than let my bags get soaked!

That's how I choose my clothes and bags also. I always check the weather and choose my outfits, bag, and shoes according to the weather, where I'm going and what I'll be doing. I'm paranoid over my bags. Even when I know my bag is safe to use in the rain, I still try to keep it covered.

I carry the same bag, but pack a plastic bag inside to put my purse in in case of rain. Depending on which shoes I have on, they go in the bag too.

He he do you have replacement shoes?

It seems that all of my bags could take the weather (aside from suede), until I got my first LV. But I always switched out of suede or an open top bag.

Now I have a Dooney All Weather Leather bag in blue. It's perfect with a flap covering the top!

I LOVE switching to it now, it's great!

A friend of mine put her bag in a plastic bag when it's raining :rolleyes: Then I'm nowhere near her!:ninja: I mostly don't change my bags according to the weather...I'm a bad girl, but I protect them and hold them very close to me :heart: But when my Balenciagas get rained, the leather gets really nasty. I try to get them out of the rain but I don't plan ahead.

Today, it is going to rain and thunderstorm. I have to go outside. I'm going to change into a handbag that I don't care about as much if it gets pelted by rain. Does anyone else do the same thing, or do you just use what you have at the moment? After all, it only takes me 30 seconds to reload!! :P

i wouldnt even want to get my coach bags wet! but 30 seconds?! that's amazing!

Me, too...I protect my bags from rain and dirt. They are too expensive to handle them like usual bags....I really care much about it.

But maybe I'll try a rain-protection spray for my bags...

I usually leave my purse in the car if it's raining. (If I'm going to work or whatever.) If I need money, I'll stick a credit card and my ID in a back pocket so I don't get the purse wet. I won't take the purse out in the rain unless I have an umbrella, and even then, it's held in front of me in the center of the umbrella so it doesn't get any water on it.

I sometimes can be a bit flighty, so I often forget to check out the weather before I leave the apartment...so I have gotten stuck in some tricky situations. Usually what i do (and it looks strange) is to tuck it under my arm or put it over my shoulder INSIDE my coat. Yes, it looks very, very odd, but it keeps them dry when I get stuck!! On days when i think ahead, i have two nylon Pradas that dry faster than my umbrella!