Do you carry your LV in BBQ restaurants?

for3v3rz

Nov 1, 2013
Everytime I go to a BBQ place, my LV always come out smelling like food. Sometimes I just leave the bag in the car. Do you bring it with you or leave it in the car?

I take my bags everywhere with me. My only exception is a weekend trip that I know people will be smoking in the closed area. I don't smoke, so I think by default I am more sensitive to the smell of it, so it's really for my own preference. Otherwise, I always assume it will 'air out.' 😊

This thread is so coincidental to what happened to me today. I left my LV in my car because the asian grocery fresh fish has a really strong odor. No sooner do I leave, I see a 20-something young asian women walking in with her LV Speedy. First thought, don't go in there with that! Second thought was maybe it a knockoff in which I say have a ball with the odor.

Addicted to Chanel

I usually take my bags everywhere with me. I really had never thought about leaving certain bags behind to go certain places until I was at the salon and the stylist highlighting the client next to me started hurrying and splattered the dye one of my LV's. She was absolutely mortified, as was my stylist! So now I totally understand, but still tend to carry my bags everywhere regardless!

I wouldn't bring a nice bag to a Korean BBQ place! I wear glasses and whenever I leave a BBQ restaurant, my glasses will be coated with hundreds of tiny oil spots. Can't bear the thought of my bags coated with those!!

I have several times, but I worry more about accidentally getting BBQ sauce splattered on my bags, than about the smell lingering. I didn't even think about the smell until this thread, but I assume the smell would dissipate eventually.

I am not a giant BBQ fan, it's okay, not my first choice, but my husband, sons and father-in-law LOVE it and we often end up at BBQ restaurants spur of the moment.

I wouldn't bring a nice bag to a Korean BBQ place! I wear glasses and whenever I leave a BBQ restaurant, my glasses will be coated with hundreds of tiny oil spots. Can't bear the thought of my bags coated with those!!

+1
Last year, I made the mistake of bringing a nude colored leather hobo (thankfully non LV) to a KBBQ restaurant. I was seated in a corner, and when I realized how much oil splatter there was, I placed my bag in the corner behind me, with a napkin over it! Hahaha. It didn't help, though... I walked out with oil spots on my pants and bag! To this day, that poor bag still smells like KBBQ. :sad:

I would probably bring a cheap bag to a restaurant like that but I typically don't go to places where they cook out in the open or where grease would float in the air LOL
We barbecue a lot at home and even out by the pool I end up moving away from the barbecue or the tiki torches because my hair absorbs all kinds of smells!