Do you carry two bags to work? Purse and tote, etc?

Mom2jtv

Coach Lover
Nov 27, 2012
I have been searching for the perfect "work bag" and for me, I don think Coach makes one right now. I thought it would be the Candace, but the shoulder straps aren't long enough and the bag size doesn't allow for my essentials, plus lunch, work materials and other misc. Rory just might be a better option, but I just can't pull the trigger on that one. Besides, I don't really change bags daily or between day and evening so I think Rory would be too big for my everyday bag.

So I got to thinking. I love my everyday purses. Right now it's my Molly and my duffle. Neither is big enough to carry everything I need for everyday. But I want to carry these bags! But I have other junk to haul to work. Luckily I don't have to lug a laptop and I park in the building basically so not a huge walk or public transit issue. But I need a bag to carry things like my lunch, my huge water bottle, work files at times, my Moleskine. Sometimes extra snacks and trinkets for my desk. Misc junk. :smile:

I am wondering what ya'll do. Do you carry one big purse bag for everything? Do you carry your handbag and then a simple tote bag for the other stuff? Do you carry two Coach bags? A Coach handbag and a Longchamp tote? What say you, my fellow Coachies?

I don't have a solution for you as I face a similar problem. I have tried the "one bag for each purpose" approach - separate small bags for laptop and work files, lunch, gym gear, and purse/wallet/makeup. That makes me look like a bag lady. I have tried the "one giant bag" approach - but then large numbers of items go unused on any given day (I might not need my laptop that day, I might not go to the gym that day).

I also don't want my lunch to leak onto my computer or onto the lining of my bag, so I prefer to keep that separate even if everything else is in the same bag. This is a tough one!

I carry a non coach tote for work (in addition to my purse)...with tons of bottled water, I usually put my cosmetic case in that, plus lunch stuff, among other things, I'd be afraid it's to hard of use for that purpose, and certainly wouldn't want to put an expensive bag at risk with such hard ware and tare. If you want to stick with coach, I'd probably lean more toward the coated canvas totes that are out now..they are roomy and more afforable and easily cleanable. - non coach, maybe check out lands end totes..

I have a lunch tote. The rest goes in my Coach tote. I have several. I wouldn't trust an accidental spill in my bag nor on my belongings. I have totes in various sizes.

Me too - I usually only carry one purse but if I take lunch to work or need an umbrella I take a separate (inexpensive) tote. My umbrella fits in most of my purses but I don't want to put it back in after it gets wet!

I carry my Coach purse. Then I usually have a tote bag for my laptop, papers, folders, etc. It's actually a baby bag I got from target, which I love because it has tons of compartments and manages to take a beating. Then I have a lunch bag for my lunch that I usually fold up and put in my tote at the end of the day. Some days it's a lot and it seems annoying, but I don't want to overload my purses.

I have been searching for the perfect "work bag" and for me, I don think Coach makes one right now. I thought it would be the Candace, but the shoulder straps aren't long enough and the bag size doesn't allow for my essentials, plus lunch, work materials and other misc. Rory just might be a better option, but I just can't pull the trigger on that one. Besides, I don't really change bags daily or between day and evening so I think Rory would be too big for my everyday bag.

So I got to thinking. I love my everyday purses. Right now it's my Molly and my duffle. Neither is big enough to carry everything I need for everyday. But I want to carry these bags! But I have other junk to haul to work. Luckily I don't have to lug a laptop and I park in the building basically so not a huge walk or public transit issue. But I need a bag to carry things like my lunch, my huge water bottle, work files at times, my Moleskine. Sometimes extra snacks and trinkets for my desk. Misc junk. :smile:

I am wondering what ya'll do. Do you carry one big purse bag for everything? Do you carry your handbag and then a simple tote bag for the other stuff? Do you carry two Coach bags? A Coach handbag and a Longchamp tote? What say you, my fellow Coachies?

I've spent the last few months trying to find the perfect one bag solution. For a while, I thought it was the Lindsey, now I'm loving the Candace even more. I can fit my MacBook Air, iPad Mini, phone, wallet, card case, sunglasses, office keys, wristlet, 2-3 fairly skinny file folders and essential makeup.

I have a bunch of Vera Bradley bags from my life prior to my Coach epiphany and I usually use a Vera Bradley lunch bag- love the size and if I need to lug around a lot for the day, a Vera tote. I've also found the VB ditty bag to be very handy. I have been strongly considering a Tanner tote if I can find one for the right price. I would love one in Black Cherry. The combination of the Candace and Tanner seem as though they would look perfect together.

I've also considered the large Candace because of the shoulder strap, but have not seen one in person yet. The dimensions did not really seem all that much larger than the medium Candace, but the shoulder strap would likely make it very handy as an all-in-one bag.

Yes, I do. I have my purse and then I have a Hamptons Weekend Signature Stripe Tote. I put my lunch tote, work keys, general stuff I need or have from the end of the day. I am a music teacher, so I don't really have a lot of paperwork, but I have some heavy music books and my work iPad I often have because I have to tromp around the building for after school activities. It has worked great this year and has held up beautifully.

Great question! I was just pondering this this morning!

My purse gets all the usual stuff, wallet keys makeup phone iPad (HAS to big enough for iPad or no go for me lol) etc. Then I usually just carry a plastic bag with my lunch and then put my heels in there. I drive to work and the parking lot is only about a 75 foot walk to the building but like today in Buffalo the blustery snow makes it seem like a mile!

I really should not be putting my lovely shoes in my lunch bag, I did recently get apple sauce on a pair of suede Steve Madden boots!

This may be a good reason (excuse) to get a Coach tote to hold my heels and lunch sack, wow I actually NEED a bag this time instead of just wanting it lol I always have liked the men's totes! I have a new quest hahaha

I'm a nurse & I never take my purse to work. I just have a great big tote bag that I toss my Madison accordion wallet in. I'd be too worried taking one of my good purses to work- it's a hospital plus we just have an open staff area so I'd be worried about it going missing.