do you carry big bags? whats in there that needs such a bag?

My biggest bag is a Speedy 30 (not big for some, but big for me). To be honest, I bought it for the look of carrying a satchel/tote. I never fill it up, in fact I bought a pochette just to protect my white wallet from sliding around and getting dirty.:shame:

There is just a certain "look" that I need to achieve with a large bag. Another example would be women carrying tiny clutches as an evening purse. So I bought the Speedy just to have that versatility.

My big bag isn't usually completely full, and all I really carry is my wallet, phone, iPod, sunglasses, cigarettes and RoadTrip (plugs into my car so I can listen to my iPod on my car stereo).

But the reasons I like my big bag are:
1. when I go shopping, or if I buy a book while I'm out, I don't need to get a shopping bag for it, I just throw it in my big bag, that way I get to cut down on my plastic bag intake

2. when I travel, it fits my laptop comfortably, as well as several books and other essentials (like my small jewelry case because I NEVER check my jewellry when I fly)

3. when I go to Uni, it fits a binder and a few textbooks, or a notebook and some textbooks

4. I really hate having to use one or more hands to constantly hold my purse, I love to just sling it over my shoulder and have it stay there so I can have both hands free.

Because I use my big bag in every situation, I just hang it on a hook on my wall near my door, and when I think of something I need to take somewhere tomorrow, I go ahead and throw it in my bag. I never forget anything now.

That's why I love big bags.

Also they look pretty. :P

For me, bigger bags represent a certain freedom. I don't necessarily always carry a lot of stuff, but with a big bag I know I can if I want to. If I go shopping I can put stuff straight in my bag. If I check out books from the library I don't have to lug them around in my arms all the way home. I can't fit notebooks, papers, etc, without worrying about running out of space. But that's just me :P

Oh I'm such a big bag ho. I could probably squeeze my stuff in a smaller bag but I hate having to jam everything just so. I usually carry around 2 change purses (one for money and one for CCs) brush, comb, cosmetic case to hold all the little things and a phone. If I'm going to work I need room for some books or magazines and if I'm going shopping I need room for a water bottle and some snacks. Be prepared!

i love big bags because i'm a student. i couldn't carry anything smaller than a balenciaga classique except to maybe a party or something. i have more keys than God, since i live part-time in three different places, have a car key with keyless entry, and my parents' house is harder than For Knox to get in to and requires several different keys, plus i have a miniskinny with student ID, driver's license, etc. so if i just have to run to pick up a friend or go to the grocery, i can just grab my keys and my phone.

my chanel sunglasses case is massive, i have a checkbook wallet, i'm looking to invest in a Louis Vuitton koala agenda, and in a perfect world i want to carry a liter bottle of Fiji water and my ipod, too. also, when i go shopping, i like to be able to throw small packages, like if i bought a necklace or something, in my purse so i don't have to carry tiny little bags in my hand.

i :heart: the big bag trend.

i used to carry small bags, then i bought my IF Audra and several other large hobos and i don't know how i survived with the small bags. i love that i can stuff an extra pair of shoes in my bag and it'll still look fabulous. i think its the freedom of knowing i can put anything in there that makes big bags so great. i also used to leave my chanel sunglasses case at home, along with a small makeup bag and agenda, now i can carry it all. and in my small bags there was always time spent organizing so everything fit, now no worries, it all fits.

I Love my speedy 30! I tend to carry everything with me, but the kitchen sink! (and the hubby's stuff) I like to be prepared, so I carry my cles, wappity, cig case, eyeglass/sunglass case, meds, pens, epi agenda, make-up case, cell phone....All organized with a purseket, and with room to spare!

What's in there? The regualar essentials (makeup, wallet, pen, cell phone, planner). The big stuff - magazine(s), water bottle, sometimes a snack, whatever my husband doesn't feel like carrying. :lol:

I’m a student as well, so a big bag is necessary. You have to have lots of space for all the books and stuff. You even need an extra bag for gym (which I hate, my last year with gym….wuhu!!!) I have an Eastpack for school, but lately I use one of the others I have…
Eastpack is THE brand in Denmark. Everybody uses some sort of design of that bag for school. I remember when I started in 7 or 8 grade. It was the mush have bag. It had one room. That was so cool (I remember my mom really didn´t want to buy if for me, because she said one room wasn’t enough. I begged her like crazy and got my first one in yellow..)

Now it’s just like, I want something else. One room is good, but I want something bigger and eunice. I need to be big or else I can’t store anything in it. Even thou I look like a smølf with a coconut, I’m a lover for the bigger des better.. :biggrin:
I agree on what almost everyone had written. It’s the idea of being able to carry many things without thinking you need more space…

Ronja

I can carry a demi lol. I love small bags the smaller the better. I carry a cell, coin purse and card case, tissues, pen, 3x3 makeup case with essentials. What else does a person need unless they need to carry alot for work or school? Oh...sorry forgot about Moms with young children you need alot more than I do there is a need for everything. My Gerard Darel is empty and as I write this I wonder what made me purchase this beautiful bag that is a little too large for what I need.

I don't carry around enough 'stuff' in my purse to fill a large bag. I agree with Irissy, 12" long is big enough for everything. I always wonder when someone says a certain bag isn't big enough for them - like the Speedy 25. That bag holds so much, I can't imagine needing anything bigger than that. BUT - what I'm wondering is maybe ladies with the big bags take public transportation, or leave their cars in garages, so they need more to go through the day. I drive my car everywhere, so maybe that's why I couldn't find use for a big bag. My car has tissues, sunglasses, water bottle, etc. etc. so I wouldn't need to put that stuff in my bag.

So now the question is...

Does the size bag you prefer have anything to do with lifestyle & transportation method?????? So ladies with the big bags - how to you get to work? Do you work in the city? Do you have little kids & have to carry their items, too?? There must be some logic to this.

BagLady14 said:
Does the size bag you prefer have anything to do with lifestyle & transportation method?????? So ladies with the big bags - how to you get to work? Do you work in the city? Do you have little kids & have to carry their items, too?? There must be some logic to this.

I think that's a really good question. When I thought about it, I carry my big bag because even though I have my licence I don't have a car. When I'm living on campus during the Uni year, I walk everywhere, so I really need my big bag because it's the only storage I have available to me when I go out.

i prefer to only buy big bags. that's not to say that i don't make some exceptions for evening clutches and smaller bags that i like. but for the most part, i carry larger bags because i like the way they look and the option to just throw anything i like in there without having to worry about running out of room.

LuLu-Lady said:
I think that's a really good question. When I thought about it, I carry my big bag because even though I have my licence I don't have a car. When I'm living on campus during the Uni year, I walk everywhere, so I really need my big bag because it's the only storage I have available to me when I go out.

i do a fair bit of hoofing it around on foot because of school, so a big bag definately helps.