do you carry big bags? whats in there that needs such a bag?

1. hey all, ive been looking for my next bag purchase, and love the slouchy look and all, but they're all huge, and i was wondering what would you put in it? everyones always talking about messes of crap and how the bottoms of their bags are pitless..but when i look into my burberry jacquard sling i see a wallet, a phone, some lip gloss/chapstick, maybe a mirror, and my ipod. what else should there be? im still young so thats probably why i carry little, but ive seen people here in my age bracket talking about needing bigger bags. so what functions do your bags carry out for you?

2. I own mostly big bags because I'm a student, so I am always lugging around books and papers. But I wouldn't own the bottomless hobo bags if I didn't generally haul around so much stuff. If you'd like a slouchy hobo but don't want the weight and bulkiness of a big bag, you might check out some Coach suede and leather hobos. I find that most Coach bags are so light that I don't mind the extra room and material even when I'm only carrying around a few things. Plus you won't feel too bad about investing $150 or so in a Coach if you decide the slouchy style isn't generally your cup of tea (at least compared to the luxury brands!).

3. i love big bags!!! i hate having to place everything in my bag carefully so it'll zip up...... i carry a continental style wallet, blackberry, cosmetic bag, keys, water bottle............ I clean out my purse for reciepts once a week so my bag is always neat.

4. I love big bags too! I think they look the best on me and I when I'm in a rush, I can just stuff everything I need in there and go. In my bigger bags, I even carry binders and books for school.

5. I was pondering a big bag tonite at the mall. I really like the look of them, but ended up not getting it b/c I only carry a change purse, card holder, lipgloss and phone LOL....I figured it would be a pain to dig to the bottom of it for so few items.

6. I'd have to aske the oppositre question, how can anyone carry those itsy bitsy bag? I don't think that I carry that much, but end up needing a beig bag!n I have my phone, ipaq, large wallet with checkbook, keys, comb, 2 lipsticks, powder, eye drops, hair clip, hand lotion, hand sanitizor, small tape measure, some mints, saftey pin, small pill case with couple of asprin. i also like to have the option to throw in papers or to do lists, etc and a bottle of water. Oh I also have a business card case and sunglasses.

7. LOL right? i feel the same way...damn man i need to buy me more stuff! except i like carrying my water bottle in my hand lol for some reason..

8. I love bigger bags!!!! I used to use small bags ( they are cute) but you just can't put anything in it...

9. I love big bags too..... but i also like smaller ones, because what i really look for is good design and quality, and it all depends on the occassion to wear each bag, as usually bigger bags look more casual.

10. Me too! I clean out my purse of receipts at the end of the week or so!

11. i've been wondering the same thing. i just can't come up with stuff to fill my two or three (lol) "big" bags. i really only need cash, my debit card, a juicy tube, and my phone. is it weird that i'm fine using a large coach wristlet as a purse? on the occasional shopping day i need a bigger bag because i want to bring my chanel sunglasses and the case is HUGE. otherwise i'm clueless as to what to bring...

12. I find myself just throwing in things at random to fill my larger bags, while I like the look of bigger bags, I like the look of smaller bags even more and they're far more practical for what I realistically need.

13. phone, wallet, lipgloss, foundation stick, tweezers, feminine supplies, brush, gum, and my smallest bag is stuffed.
    sometimes when i know i'm going somewhere like school or work, I want to carry water, a granola bar, a book, my mp3 player, etc. so a bigger bag is helpful.
    but anything bigger than like 15" seems like overkill, then again I do carry a ginormous crumpler for my laptop, its plug thing, a fullsize cordless mouse, papers, pens, and emergency underwear.

14. I always have to be super organized, and I like big bags because even if I don't have a lot of stuff in there when I leave the house, I like to have room to put more stuff in later.

I usually carry a French purse, palm pilot, make-up case, hair brush, two sets of keys, hand lotion, roll of blotting paper, coupons or other membership/business/punch cards, etc. in the zip pocket. Cell phone, flash drive, lip balm, mints (in the outer pockets if the bag has some). That's probably the minimum. I like to be able to look in there and see everything, neatly arranged so I can grab it.

But since I'm a magazine editor, I often have magazines, books, mail, other papers etc, that I may throw in during the course of the day.

15. Dang, alot of you girls sure carry alot of stuff! :lol: My bags are usually no more than 12" long and I consider any bags over 15" long as a really big bag for me. I tend to like to hand carry my bag instead of putting them over my shoulder so I usually go for a small or medium satchel as my daily use.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice