Do you carry a F/W bag during S/S?

chinchin_lim

hopelessLVaddict
O.G.
Jan 23, 2008
I need some advice from fashion experts!!!!

There is only 1 season from where I am from- summer throughout the year. And I am wondering if it is strange to use a F/W bag during S/S?

Is it weird to be in in bright summer colours- pink, yellow, turquoise and yet carry a F/W bag in deep brown shade? Is the contrast a big Fashion NO-NO or it doesn't matter?

Any advice would be appreciated!!!!

I carry bags depending on the weather not really the season. This winter there was a bright sunny day I went and took out my Fuchsia Denim Speedy. Warm weather brings out the bright colors IMO.

But, really when we are spending this much on bags we can wear them whenever we feel like it. :P

The only no-nos would be canvas like the Love 2 tote in Winter and shearling in Summer. Otherwise, if it looks good with what you have on why limit yourself?

I carry bags depending on the weather not really the season. This winter there was a bright sunny day I went and took out my Fuchsia Denim Speedy. Warm weather brings out the bright colors IMO.

But, really when we are spending this much on bags we can wear them whenever we feel like it. :P

It is bright sunny everyday, hence I wonder when F/W bags will have their chance out. I tend to have my reservations when buying something from F/W cause I don't know when I could wear them.

If you're wearing sombre colours for work, I think FW style works :smile:

How about summer bright colour clothes with F/W bags?

Cause I don't need office attire for work.

I think in fashion as long as it looks good on you and you own it, then it works!! If you LOVE a FW bag then I would wear it whenever the mood takes you.

Hmmm.... :yes:

I carry my Damier Ebony Speedy whenever the mood strikes, but if it's a sunny day, I might dress it up with a bright coloured scarf, like the Aquarelle. :P

Good idea! Maybe I just need a scarf!

The only no-nos would be canvas like the Love 2 tote in Winter and shearling in Summer. Otherwise, if it looks good with what you have on why limit yourself?

No wonder the Shearling bag is still on display here. It is such a great bag to look at but I guess it wouldn't work in a all summer place.

It is bright sunny everyday, hence I wonder when F/W bags will have their chance out. I tend to have my reservations when buying something from F/W cause I don't know when I could wear them.

I think you would absolutely be able to pull them off. I love carrying a dark bag when out in casual bright clothes. I think it makes the bag stand out more.

For example, I have totally rocked a yellow tank with a light khakis skirt and my Moka Onatah GM in Cuir. Even the opposite is great looking. My Fuchsia looks fab against jeans and a black top.

Chin Chin, personally, I think A/W collection works in Singapore as well. Let's face it, even though we do not have 4 seasons, our fashion scene tends to be much influenced by fashions from countries with 4 seasons, more recently, the Korean and China imports. I would not hesitate to carry a Thunder or Storm as long as it blends well with my outfit for the day.

I know that you're keen to get the embossed speedy ... go for it! You will not be the only one carrying it throughout the year ...

i woudlnt carry a Thunder(shearling bag) in the heat or sunny weather... if your wearing bright colors IMO i woudlnt wear darker winter bags...unless you are wearing black/gray/khaki..

Think white and black are the safer options- they will go well regardless of seasons. Hmm....

I think you would absolutely be able to pull them off. I love carrying a dark bag when out in casual bright clothes. I think it makes the bag stand out more.

For example, I have totally rocked a yellow tank with a light khakis skirt and my Moka Onatah GM in Cuir. Even the opposite is great looking. My Fuchsia looks fab against jeans and a black top.

Maybe I can try doing that... sounds fun. Just hope I don't over do it!

Chin Chin, personally, I think A/W collection works in Singapore as well. Let's face it, even though we do not have 4 seasons, our fashion scene tends to be much influenced by fashions from countries with 4 seasons, more recently, the Korean and China imports. I would not hesitate to carry a Thunder or Storm as long as it blends well with my outfit for the day.

I know that you're keen to get the embossed speedy ... go for it! You will not be the only one carrying it throughout the year ...

Lately I have been looking at the F/W thread and I am even thinking of getting some of those from the past season. :P

I carry my Damier Ebene year round, however it would depend on the texture/material, suede is a no no for the hotter months, and that thunder/storm would definitely not work, but I do carry my Vernis Fleurs pochette year round, however in the opposite I never carry MC during the winter...just depends on which bag you're talking about.

^Same here. I really don't care what season it is, I carry whatever bag I feel like carrying.
MC in winter? Fine with me.

IMO we shouldn't really "worry" about if our bag will match the time of year...most people just have one solid colored bag (non-designer) and carry it regardless of what the season is.