do you care...

I checked and mine is made in China too. I guess it doesn't really matter to me. I would prefer for it to be made in the USA. However, I will still buy Michael Kor bags because I love them.

Nope. Of course, if given the option, I would prefer that it's made somewhere like France or USA but that would never be the one reason stopping me from purchasing a handbag. After all, 90% of what we use on a daily basis is Made in China anyways.

I think those who care about "made in china" are more concerned about the working conditions of the employees who work in the factories. China and India are know/thought of, to have horrid working conditions. From what I've read, LV has factories in both of the above mentioned countries. And we all know Coach is made is China.

But for me personally, I find "made in China" to represent "cheapness/not well made"....like when the husband and I buy something and it breaks, he'll say "Well it was made in China, what do you expect?". It's a common connitation for many people...KWIM?

It has turned me off - MK made in China. When I first started to notice MK, I assumed his bags were made in USA. I was disappointed.

Of course I would prefer his bags being made somewhere else like France or USA, but it really doesn't bother me. I think that if MK's bags were more expensive I would be bothered by them being made in China.

thank you ladies for your input! yes i couldn't agree more with both perspective. at first i was disappointed but at the end of the day i really like the bag that i shouldn't matter where it was made. if all i cared about was where it was made then yes our houses and every thing else would be pretty bare. or really expensive!!!

Everything is made in China today. Even the higher end bags like Louis Vuitton. They have all the parts made in China and then they are assembled in France so they can write "made in France" on them. It is a little disappointing but it's just the way it is.

Not sure if this is related to the topic, hopefully it is.. but, speaking of where things are made from, where exactly is the "Made in X" tag in Michael Kors bags? I have a Hamilton and upon reading this thread wondered where mine was made, but I couldn't find the tag.

To keep to the topic, yes.. it matters to me, I'd prefer it to not be made in China, but that's just me.