Do you care when others go out and get your same bags?

reigo

Jul 18, 2009
Well, there are 3 of us AT WORK that all love Coach, and for the most part, we have similar tastes (me and one girl more so than the other) so we often end up getting the exact same bags. Keep in mind, we aren't talking 1 or 2 of the same bags, we are talking 6-10 of the EXACT same bag. One of the girls is more of the "follower" I guess you could say and it drives the other girl a little crazy. Let's call the follower "Jane" and my other friend "Mary". Mary's HG was the Peyton in Saddle and she stalked that bag forever. Jane on the other hand, never mentioned liking that bag when it came out but right after Mary got it, she literally went on a mission to find one too (they were selling out). This has happened a few more times in the same manner.

Mary and I on the other hand, sort of go back and forth on who spots a bag first. The Leigh was my HG and she ended up getting 2 but only after finding them at the outlet for a steal, which I don't care or blame her. She got the Butterfly tote first, etc.

Anyway, my question to everyone is, do you have this same situation and how do you feel about it? If you don't, how would you feel if every time you went out and got a new bag, someone went out and got the same one?

It wouldn't bother me unless we were carrying the same bag at the same time. That would irk me! I am fortunate in that only one of my friends likes Coach, and she prefers signature stuff which I am not fond of.

Its a bag. Fabulous and decorative but still one of the least offensive forms of copying or stalking depending on which way you look at it. Now if she moved in next to your friend, bought an identical car, identical haircut, and changed to your friend's bank etc, I'd say move!!! Its annoying but you can only control yourself, noone else.

well it have not happen to me yet.. No one I know have the same bag as I do since mostly my bag are very unique ( obviously not on TPF).. A lot of time people dont know it's Coach... If that were ever to happen, I would try not to carry the same bag as them when we are together.. I have enough bag that I can manage to change.. The only time I would go out on a mission to get the same bag is on here.. Sometimes I didnt even know Coach make it.. I think this is why Tpf are so great..

Maybe she just loves the bags after she sees them. I saw a woman on the train with a bag I LOVED. I recognized that it was a Coach and I went on a mad search to find what is was called, and to get one. It was to become my first Coach bag. Soho Mia braided satchel in tobacco.

I didn't do it to copy her. I just saw the bag and fell in LOVE with it, and HAD to have it.

Could be the situation with Jane.

My coworkers all bought ZOE's after they saw mine. I need to get a ponytail scarf to make my stand out. I am ok if we have the same bags just not the same clothes. It seems more embarrassing to be wearing the same top or dress.

It wouldn't bother me unless we were carrying the same bag at the same time. That would irk me! I am fortunate in that only one of my friends likes Coach, and she prefers signature stuff which I am not fond of.

Unfortunately, that does happen on occasion b/c we own so many of the same ones (this is the overlap of me and both the other 2 but not their overlap):

Sabrina black (me and Mary)
Sabrina IKAT (blue/silver/white) (me and Mary),
Leighs (I have Black, Whiskey and dark brown siggy, Mary has black and walnut)
Lg Chocolate Siggy Carly (me and Jane),
Large Optic Carly (me and Mary),
Khaki signature Legacy satchel (me and Jane),
Large butterfly tote (ALL 3 of US!)
Fawn patent Zoe (me and Mary),
Legacy tote (me grey, Jane in black),
Black leather Carly slim (me and Mary)
Large Ergo hobo (I have white and orange, Mary has Mahagony)
Lyndsey in White (ALL 3 of US!)
Black striped siggy MF bag (me and Jane)
Heritage Satchel (ALL 3 of US!)

WOW, that's even more than I remembered until I wrote it down...we ALL own too many bags :faint:

ETA: I don't get mad and it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers Mary but that's also b/c in most of the cases, its ONLY after we get ours that Jane goes out too (and she has seen then in person prior to us getting them). On the other hand, Mary and I know we are both going to like the same bags (and unfortunately, Mary and I both shop at Ann Taylor loft for work so we sometimes have to call each other in the morning to "clear" an outfit)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, that does happen on occasion b/c we own so many of the same ones (this is the overlap of me and both the other 2 but not their overlap):

Sabrina black (me and Mary)
Sabrina IKAT (blue/silver/white) (me and Mary),
Leighs (I have Black, Whiskey and dark brown siggy, Mary has black and walnut)
Lg Chocolate Siggy Carly (me and Jane),
Large Optic Carly (me and Mary),
Khaki signature Legacy satchel (me and Jane),
Large butterfly tote (ALL 3 of US!)
Fawn patent Zoe (me and Mary),
Legacy tote (me grey, Jane in black),
Black leather Carly slim (me and Mary)
Large Ergo hobo (I have white and orange, Mary has Mahagony)
Lyndsey in White (ALL 3 of US!)
Black striped siggy MF bag (me and Jane)
Heritage Satchel (ALL 3 of US!)

WOW, that's even more than I remembered until I wrote it down...we ALL own too many bags :faint:
:nuts: Holy Crap! That is amazing!

crap!
thats bad!
too much of the same bags?
no, me not likey if like that.. :nogood:
but if u can't beat them, well, stress more on accessorizing your bags so that it will look different compared to theirs..

Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? That said, if I copied a bag of someone I saw a lot, I would tell the person that I so admired their bag that I wanted one too. Also, I would try to avoid carrying it around the original owner.

But, that much "copying" is bizarre! I think most people would want to make more of an individual statement.