Do you buy backups of your fave bags?

kosin30

O.G.
May 2, 2006
Do you buy backups of your favorite bags? I don’t normally but thinking of it so I can really use one bag, not baby it and still have a backup that stays well taken care of. It’s not easily replaceable like a black classic flap but a seasonal color flap.

Reactions: mrsMP
This is a very interesting idea and I think I might do it but not exactly getting the exact same bag but for example I love burgundy and think 1 medium flap is enough but now I feel if another pretty shade came along I might??? Not sure just a wild thought but that’s how I would have a back up.. basically the same color (not exact shade) same hardware and bag style.. hmmmmmm

Reactions: kosin30
I don’t. I couldn’t really afford to nor would I wish to for 2 reasons. I’d rather spend the money on something else and I wouldn’t want to deprive another person getting the same bag if I were to have 2. I don’t think that’s fair. Plus in my country there are strict limits on the number of purchases on slgs and bags in 60 days so how people manage it is beyond me!

There is already a thread exploring this same topic on the forum, do a search for it to get more points of view.

To answer your question, yes I have a back up of an iridescent charcoal caviar with ruthenium hardware in m/l. I believe the bag is from 15C (I may be mistaken). It is an exact same bag in same color and size and I ware one and keep the other one stored away. I personally do not regret having a back up, however I can see that this may seem redundant and wasteful to some people to have the exact same double. However, I know what gives me comfort and happiness and I do it even if it seems silly to someone else.

If you are someone who does not really like variety and want to ware one of the favorite peaces comfortably knowing you have a back up, than you will certainly not regret spending the money on backup. However, if you like a lot of variety and your peace may not get that much use in the long run, than perhaps investing in a different peace will work better.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it helps.

There is already a thread exploring this same topic on the forum, do a search for it to get more points of view.

To answer your question, yes I have a back up of an iridescent charcoal caviar with ruthenium hardware in m/l. I believe the bag is from 15C (I may be mistaken). It is an exact same bag in same color and size and I ware one and keep the other one stored away. I personally do not regret having a back up, however I can see that this may seem redundant and wasteful to some people to have the exact same double. However, I know what gives me comfort and happiness and I do it even if it seems silly to someone else.

If you are someone who does not really like variety and want to ware one of the favorite peaces comfortably knowing you have a back up, than you will certainly not regret spending the money on backup. However, if you like a lot of variety and your peace may not get that much use in the long run, than perhaps investing in a different peace will work better.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it helps.
Thanks for your perspective! And I did do a search already and they kept talking about makeup and shoes which isn’t quite the same...