Do you bring your Chanel to church?

I do not see anything wrong with wearing Chanel bags to church. If you see others eyeing you or giving you dirty looks because you are wearing an expensive bag then that is their problem and they are the ones committing sins. As long as you wear it humbly, and not walk around bragging about it...I honesty think it is fine. I mostly carry my Chanels when I go to church. HTH ;)

I'm one of those old fashioned people who thinks that you should dress up for church. I was just brought up that way, and it's still how I feel. I know that it's not that important anymore, and a lot of people don't, but my grandmother would roll over in her grave, rest her soul, and smack me if I ever went to church not dressed up, so yes! I still remember when I was little and she would put on her best suit and hat (yes, hat), and her best brooch and best bag/shoes, etc. for church. That vision has stuck with me always, and it's my guidance for how to dress for church. Long winded answer for yes, huh? Wear that Chanel proudly.

Definitely wear your Chanel to church! God blessed you with the financial means to get the bag. Glorify Him by using it humbly. I was always raised to look my best for God. And Chanel is definitely one of the best bags ever!! :biggrin:

Great question! I didn't want to take my chanel to church at first, especially as there are people from all wakes of life that attend, and I didn't want to feel as if I'm rubbing it in people's faces that I can afford one.
But I ended up taking my black caviar timeless cc, and I don't think anyone cares. A lovely lady did give me a compliment last week by saying, that is such a beautiful bag. But she didn't say it in an envious or snotty or weird way. It was a genuine compliment.

I'm one of those old fashioned people who thinks that you should dress up for church. I was just brought up that way, and it's still how I feel. I know that it's not that important anymore, and a lot of people don't, but my grandmother would roll over in her grave, rest her soul, and smack me if I ever went to church not dressed up, so yes! I still remember when I was little and she would put on her best suit and hat (yes, hat), and her best brooch and best bag/shoes, etc. for church. That vision has stuck with me always, and it's my guidance for how to dress for church. Long winded answer for yes, huh? Wear that Chanel proudly.

+1

Me too, church is for your finest attire in my culture too.

I loved your answer.

I don't see anything wrong with that! You're not commiting a sin. Plus it's not as if you're flagging it to everybody "hey look at my chanel purse!!! 😉 Yes it's expensive but it's simple.

Good answer tutushopper, It's a matter of respect!, in the eyes of god, we are all brothers and sisters and we need love and respect each other right?.IMHO, I think that noone should be looking at you for what you have or don't have because that is not what you go to church for;) So yes, I would wear my Chanel bag to church and thank god for everything I have ;) HTH

I dress for church and if a designer bag is right for my outfit, thats what i carry.. Regardless of the name

A church depends on its parishioners's support for its survival.. So if your wardrobe and generosity are on a similar page and are balanced, thats great... Win win ��