Do You Believe In the "Evil EYE"

Ok, some people are misunderstanding what an evil eye is...

I am not saying I believe specific people have the evil eye, I am just talking in general.. I think that any person can curse another person by envying something strongly... It could be anything, not specifically envying an item... Let me give you an example.....

A mother has 3 children and her friend cannot get pregnant because of problems. The childless lady may envy the mother with children.. She might look at the child and feel jealous... She could give the evil eye to the child.... In many cases the person does not intend to give the eye.... The child then might become sick, or get a high fever...

Just think about a time when everything went wrong with you... Car accident, health issues, etc. "Could it be from someone envying you?"

Heres another example.. You buy a brand new car. Your friend might envy you, because you can afford a new car. She might give you the eye, and you get in a car accident..

i thought it meant that people who are envious of you could actually cause you harm...meaning that when you have good luck and fortune people around you could cause bad things to happen to you because they're jealous of you.
Thats what i believe... The wiki info is not that accurate, there is extra info that sounds crazy.. KWIM

^Ok in that sense i do believe it. But the way WIKI described it made it seem like there are people out there with this "evil eye" ...and one stare at you makes your life go to hell. <~that i dont believe.

Not really, although I've been asked countless times to make a blue bead necklace for people who do believe, as it is said to ward off the evil eye. In fact, you can buy beads with an "eye" in it just for this.

At first I thought, wow, a lot of cultures believe in an evil eye, but I now wonder how many are thought of as Karma as well. It's like my habit of wearing turquoise for good health... it probably doesn't work, but it makes me feel better mentally, so I feel better physically.

Ha ha, I grew up believing in it. My Italian family takes the "evil eye" very seriously!! We call it the "malyork" that's the best way I can spell it to explain the sound, lol.

I don't..... but it's funny a few weeks ago I bought this necklace on eluxury.com and it's suppose to ward off the evil eye:

D&G Dolce & GabbanaCandy Pendant Necklace, Black$165.00
  • Polished silver metal
  • Acrylic Italian horn pendant; D&G logo encircles top
  • Pendant is worn for good luck and protection against the evil eye
  • Ball chain
  • Secure lobster clasp
  • Total length is 28"
  • Presented in a green leather D&G pouch

Attachments

• DG_11559934_h_v2_pu.jpg
    DG_11559934_h_v2_pu.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 41
I don't..... but it's funny a few weeks ago I bought this necklace on eluxury.com and it's suppose to ward off the evil eye:

D&G Dolce & GabbanaCandy Pendant Necklace, Black$165.00
  • Polished silver metal
  • Acrylic Italian horn pendant; D&G logo encircles top
  • Pendant is worn for good luck and protection against the evil eye
  • Ball chain
  • Secure lobster clasp
  • Total length is 28"
  • Presented in a green leather D&G pouch

I totally forgot about the Italian Horn! Did several of those too. Uh, I never knew they did these in acryllic, I always made them from real horn from animal preserves from when the animals passed of old age. Could have made it for a whole lot less too, but I'm not a brand name! HA! (I was though! In my county I'm quite known! HA!!)

There are others as well... the open palm hand, the eye beads from India, a certain rodent skull for Native American Indians, on and on. Gosh, I hadn't thought of this in years!

Not really, although I've been asked countless times to make a blue bead necklace for people who do believe, as it is said to ward off the evil eye. In fact, you can buy beads with an "eye" in it just for this.

At first I thought, wow, a lot of cultures believe in an evil eye, but I now wonder how many are thought of as Karma as well. It's like my habit of wearing turquoise for good health... it probably doesn't work, but it makes me feel better mentally, so I feel better physically.

The people who purchase items to ward off the "evil eye" are scary, I mean, it's sort of shallow to be so paranoid, right?:lol: A friend of the SO has an entire wall dedicated to protecting himself and his wife from the evil eye; pictures, tapestries, paintings, beaded items, you name it, they cover the wall from the ceiling to the floor. So the point is to scare away the evil eye by giving IT the evil eye? :roflmfao: I couldn't go through life believing everyone was jealous of me, jeez.