Do you believe in Mediums/Psychics...

I have one friend who has gone to a psychic many times and I don't feel she gave her and concrete advice, things were vague. The funny thing is my friend is the type of person who I though would never go or even believe in psychics--but she believed.

I have a dear friend who seems to have a sense of who is calling when the phone rings and what some people are doing with their lives--it is kind of strange but she never thought anything of it. On three occassions she met psychics while shopping and at a art fair and they all approached her and told her they could see she has "the gift" or what ever you want to call it. She never approached them or knew they were psychics but they basically told her to trust her instincts--so maybe one can be more in tune to what is going on around them. I personally would not go to one.

I am one - so, yes! :lol:

(Shamanic practitioner actually, which is a bit different plus I don't have to wear purple, or be vague.... :Push: :lol: )

Having said that, anyone who keeps grieving people forking out the $$$ is not worthy of comment :cursing: but rather of a good hard b1tch slap, and they are sadly the ones we hear a lot about. :s

Basically, the future's not fixed - God (or the universe if you prefer) gave us FREE WILL so anyone who claims to predict your future with 100% accuracy is not allowing for the fact you are of/created by, God.:supacool:

Who knows NO limitations. :jammin:

JMO! ;)

Cx

ohh Kou..i'll have to stop by there next time I"m in taiwan :smile: But my mom advises me not to give out my time of birth because people can do bad things with that information too. Thanks!

Do we have a psychic on this forum?

This will get the "Well, now we KNOW PP is nuts!" comments flowing for SURE!

I don't claim to be a psychic, but I have experienced telecommunication and premonitions before. I know you guys will laugh at this one, and frankly I hesitate to mention it, but I had a vision years ago, long before 911 of an airliner flying into a skyscraper. It was so real that I closed my eyes, shuddered and never thought about it again until 9/11/2001. Still gives me the creeps.

It probably wouldn't have bothered me at all except I've had a long history of predicting things. Nothing big (and I don't consider the jetliner thing a prediction, just a vision). In trying to come up with a short one, this one sticks out: DH was invited with a group of local officials to Russia on a goodwill type trip. DH is Russian via both sets of grandparents and obviously his parents. To commemorate his trip, I found 1900 Russian ruble set in a pendant.

A bit of history of the coin: This coin has Czar Nicholas II on one side and the Russian double headed eagle on the other. This coin was minted at the time of the Russian revolution. This was also the time and reason that both of my DH's grandfathers left Russia for the US. The double headed eagle stopped being used on coins after the revolution, but began being used again after the collapse of the USSR in 1991.

DH had never traveled overseas before and was a bit anxious about the trip, mostly getting hungup at Russian customs on the way back. I had been wearing the coin with the double headed eagle facing outward before he left for Russia, but when left, for some reason, I turned the coin over with Nicholas facing outward. DH's trip was 10 days. The day he came back, I was a bit anxious about him getting out of Russia. Sometime during the time he was flying back I felt this impossible NEED to turn the coin back over, so I dropped what I was doing, switched it and put the necklace back on. For some reason I noticed the time on the clock, but put that out of my head.

When DH returned, I mentioned when I flipped the coin over and why. His face went blank: they had just flown out of Russian airspace at that exact moment. :wtf:

Later, I was telling his mother about all this. She was emphatic that it was both of his grandfather's way of communicating to me about him since they were forced out of Russia during the revolution and would have understood that sense of anxiety about getting out of Russia. Goosebumps!

There's more stories like that, but obviously even the "short" ones are long. My best story actually WAS a prediction, but I'll save that for another day.;)

I do believe in psychics. Is Sylvia Brown the woman who goes on the Montel show? if so, I think she's totally full of ****. Everything she says is a repeat of what the person just told her and if they ask her questions she just says yes or no. oooooy

I do believe in psychics. Is Sylvia Brown the woman who goes on the Montel show? if so, I think she's totally full of ****. Everything she says is a repeat of what the person just told her and if they ask her questions she just says yes or no. oooooy

I remember I saw her once on like TRL, or some teen geared show, and all she predicted was bands would break up. No kidding. :rolleyes: I also rememeber it was 99 or 2000 and she was all "Britney and Justin will get married and have a huge wedding." That happened, right?

I know a Vietnamese psychic in SF that is pretty well known. My cousin was the first to see her, and she predicted that my cousin would sell her house on Tet and meet her next husband at a wedding. Both came true.

Since then, several of my family has seen her, and she's been right on the money each time. She predicted my mother's brain tumor, my uncle's recovery from prostate cancer, and some events that happened in my own life. Although my fiance wasn't present, she was able to describe to me his personality and his relationship with his parents and their history.

I don't know if it had to do with numerology or what, but she's amazing!

And the kicker is, she doesn't accept money. She will however, accept a donation.

I never believed in psychics before, but she's proven herself over and over again. I have to believe now. I don't go to her anymore, because it's too uncanny to know your possible future.

Yes I do believe there are legitimate mediums/psychics. I have only had one reading in my life, shortly after my husband's death and it was very accurate and the information I was given about a future event helped keep me alive.

I don't believe in going to see a psychic constantly or even often as I personally believe that our future is meant to unfold for us in a natural way.

I do think having a reading after the death of a loved one can be a beneficial experience and put people's mind at ease. I would only go see a psychic who had excellent references and someone who would not require that I answer questions about myself or my life before the reading. Peggy

If there are psychics, who can really predict the future, then why do some need a 976 number? why haven't they hit the lottery, or found buried treasure?

Why can't they let us know of Jimmy Hoffa's final resting place?

ohh Kou..i'll have to stop by there next time I"m in taiwan :smile: But my mom advises me not to give out my time of birth because people can do bad things with that information too. Thanks!

Eh? Not giving out time of birth? Oohh ... you mean they may use it for voodoo or curses and such? Good thing I don't know my time of birth, my parents gave me a different answer everytime I ask them:lol:

I don't remember which guy it was who did the reading. There were quite a number of them and I just decided to go with that one. I felt bad now because after he told me the description of the person I was to have long-distance with, I told him (subtlely and discreetly of course) that the person I like didn't look like that ... Years later, I realized that it was me who was mistaken

I have been seeing psychic for the last 7 years. He reads eyes so you can also bring photos of friends and family and he will read them as well. He won't let you see him very often, he wants you to wait a few years before you return but I think he might let you go once a year but that's pushing it with him.

I had a reading about 6 weeks ago and it was exact! He knew everything and everything about the people in my photos. At the end of the reading he kept saying.. "I am VERY concerned about your back.. VERY concerned.. please watch your back". I was umm.ok..whatever..thinking ok, I have no back problems so I brushed it off. Well, in the last 3 weeks, I have thrown my back out 5 times!! Yes, just bending down to pick something up.. 5 times over the last 3 weeks and I have been stuck in bed on pain killers and a heating pad for my back.

Anyway, that was a huge confirmation for me. :amazed:

Eerily enough, I've had dreams that have come true. Some people may have dreams or premonitions about their own lives, but I doubt anyone could read into another person's future. Even if such people did exist, I still wouldn't pay money to find out what lay ahead for me.