Do you believe in BAG KARMA? Now I do!

Feb 21, 2009
I just have to tell someone about my amazing bag karma! (My husband and sons are very sweet, but they don't really appreciate my love for handbags.) :nogood:

Today I went back to the boutique where I bought my yellow Minilisa to see if they would consider store credit since I don't have my tags. You ladies told me that eBay is easy, but I wanted to avoid that route if I could, so I thought I'd give it one more try. The gal at the store was nice but said no. :sad:

As I turned to leave, a bright turquoise blue messenger bag caught my eye - I just looked it up, it's a Mona Lethal. I HAD to have it! And it was on sale, to boot! :yahoo:

So I left the shop with TWO bags when I was supposed to come home with zero. :shame:

But then, as I walked to my car, a woman approached me. She had been in the same boutique and had overheard me when I was trying to return the Minilisa. She said she loved that bag and wanted to buy it from me right there! :nuts:

We decided it was fair for me to charge her what I just paid for the Mona Lethal. She got a really great deal, and I walked away with the bag I really wanted. :biggrin:

I have been playing around with my new Mona Lethal since I got it home - I just can't believe how versatile it is. It's like FIVE bags in one: large/compact messenger; large/compact shoulder, and clutch.

The pockets are perfect for keys, PDA, wallet, and cell, it has just the right amount of slouch, and it's a great size. With all my stuff in the front pockets, the bag itself is totally free!

The color is so beachy, perfect for spring, and I love the contrast of Tano's namesake orange interior with the turquoise.

Yippeee! :woohoo:What a happy ending.

If I get a chance, I will post pics. I have loved looking at all of yours!

Also, if anyone knows what season this bag might be, I'd love to know!

OMG, that is an amazing story!!! And yes you are so right, it never hurts to ask. All they can do is say no right? And even though they said no, see it led to you and someone else getting the bag they really wanted! What a happy ending. :smile:

Pool sounds right! With dark brown accent leather. I'll post pics soon! I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a bag! :drool:

My littlest - he's just over two - keeps coming over to see what all the fuss is about. He assumes I'm playing with a toy since I'm so happy! Right now, he's playing with the rings that connect the strap pieces....:P

Last edited:
Love this story! It's awesome!!

Pool sounds right! With dark brown accent leather. I'll post pics soon! I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a bag!

My littlest - he's just over two - keeps coming over to see what all the fuss is about. He assumes I'm playing with a toy since I'm so happy! Right now, he's playing with the rings that connect the strap pieces....[/quote]

My youngest was my best bag shopping friend at 2. Now he's a bit too opinionated ;) :P

Awww, NC - "bag shopping friend" - that's cute! :biggrin: I have three older boys (5, 10, and 14) and they've certainly grown out of the fun of shopping with mom. Unless I'm buying THEM something, of course!

Yup, he will examine pockets, comment on leather, and put each on his head to really get a good look. He's three now, and he is never far away when bags and shoes are involved. He is my wee stylist and the reason I leave the house in brown and red but with pink shoes and a blue bag...lol...and you know, half the time his ideas work. lol

OMG!!!!! That's an AWESOME story and how very very cool! I was trying to return something to dillards one time and they wouldn't take it because they were going out of business and some girl asked me when I got it... I should have sold it to her since I tried to return it through the mail and they sent it back because it was past the days allowed to return something. UGH such a waste of money lol!

I'm so glad your story worked out and I can't wait to see pics of this new blue baby!!! Especially if it's pool!!!!!!

I love my new Mona Lethal! Five bags in one!

tano1.jpg

tano2.jpg

tano3.jpg

tano4.jpg

tano5.jpg

I'm so glad you posted those pictures because I thought the Mona Lethal was strictly crossbody. I had no idea of the other options. It looks fantastic on you!!