Do you ask for a box when you buy a bag?

At the Bal Harbour LV, the SA actually OFFERED me a box. I was stunned as the jerky SAs at Yorkdale in Toronto always act like you are asking for the world when asking for a box. I hate the Yorkdale LV.

I'm really chock that some of you have to ask for a Box!!!!

I never had to do it and i assumed that it was normal to get one after a purchase. You know, to store it and keep the item safe.

SA told me they have now been instructed to (1)give with gift purchases (i.e. w/gift receipts) and (2)when the customer requests one. The SA told me that reason provided to the public is for enviromental reasons; however, she whispered to me, "to save on costs!" LV is even feeling the economical woes nowadays! Simply be sure to ask for one.
lv makes $billions in profits each year. in fact, their sales have increased of late, not decreased. if it is for environmental reasons why don't they make the boxes from recycled paper? easy. i think a box should be standard and you should request not to get one. lv isn't an everyday purchase after all.

i feel so jipped that i didn't get a box! i'm going to go back tomorrow! i really hope no one gives me attitude. My poor bellevue deserves a box, hopefully they have hardboxes for bags of big sizes!

I went to pick up my Graffiti Speedy yesterday evening, and the SA had it all ready to go, but no box.
I'm so glad I asked her a box - she then went to the back, and unwrapped the speedy and all, but came back with her in a large gorgeous box.
So if you dont get it at first, just ask!
I'm so happy I did! :smile:

Back in 2007 when me and a friend when to Paris for the weekend we went to LV. I bought a pair of monogram denim footing sneakers and she got the vernis pochette in pomme d'amour... when she asked for a box not only the SA made a weird face (like if it was the most unusual request in the world) but also said that boxes for that bag were all sold out so my friend ended up with a box big enough to fit a 30 speedy in there :s

Back in 2007 when me and a friend when to Paris for the weekend we went to LV. I bought a pair of monogram denim footing sneakers and she got the vernis pochette in pomme d'amour... when she asked for a box not only the SA made a weird face (like if it was the most unusual request in the world) but also said that boxes for that bag were all sold out so my friend ended up with a box big enough to fit a 30 speedy in there :s

I think the weird face was due to not having the right box (as in "dang, had to be the box size we're currently out of") ... I've worked in retail and had that situation. It's not a fun thing, as you know the boxes that you do have are ridiculously oversized for what your putting in them, which doesn't have the same look, or effect, that the right size box would.