Do you always look for perfection in a Bbag?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #31 Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
    I look for perfection in my bags. But I know that not all bags are perfect. One of my LV bag didn't come perfect when I bought it brand new. I noticed it quite late and I was obssessed about it for a week or two. But after that I just let it go and enjoyed it. My brand new black city, that I just got it yesterday, is not perfect either. I just noticed it last night with a good light on stitching. There's a weird stitching on the front of the bag. I looked and looked and wanted to be sure it wouldn't come off. I don't plan to return or exchange it because the rest of the bag (I mean leather) is perfect. I can live with that tiny flaw. And if that part of stitch would come loose in a year or two or more, I would have it fix. But now I just enjoy my new bag.

2. Thanks for your inputs everyone!:heart:

It's just that I've been wanting to test out a Black City (never liked the City style before but thought I might give it a try again) and I don't want to spend retail on something I'm not even sure I'm going to love. I was looking for a preloved or broken in bags when I came across this (not from a tpf member:heart:) Do you think I should get this below retail? Given the highlighted flaws? Or just wait for another one? TIA!:heart:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. T, One thing I am soooo anal about are the corners(I am more tolerant of other flaws). I keep mine scuff free even with months of use so the scuff as bad as pictured, would totally throw me off. UNLESS it is ridiculously below retail.

4. I don't like what I see in the third picture at all. I think you should wait for something better.

5. i'm a bit of a perfectionist so i look for perfection in everything...

6. Thanks ladies! That's what I thought too!:sad: I can't understand how the corners could get scuffed like these:confused1:

7. I don't look for perfection in either bags or people. A couple of months ago I got a great deal on a Twiggy as it was slightly damaged (zipper pull on front pocket). I just covered it with a Mulberry bag charm, but might have it repaired at some stage. I think the best way is always to be moving on from difficulties. So I really appreciate my otherwise gorgeous Anthra Twiggy. I had never owned a Twiggy before, although I have a couple of Cities. I now find that the Twiggy is a perfect size for me, and just see the imperfection as a Twiggy charisma!