Do you always carry luxury?

mommyjoys

Oct 19, 2012
I am new to luxury bags, Louis Vuitton in particular. I have a Coach bag and a Kate Spade bag that I carry regularly. Now that I have a LV, I don't want to carry anything else but I cannot afford another piece right now and I don't want to wear the poor girl out. I'm just curious....do you carry a luxury piece all the time?

I am new to luxury bags, Louis Vuitton in particular. I have a Coach bag and a Kate Spade bag that I carry regularly. Now that I have a LV, I don't want to carry anything else but I cannot afford another piece right now and I don't want to wear the poor girl out. I'm just curious....do you carry a luxury piece all the time?

I don't all the time, I think part of the fun is to change things up, have different handbags for different outfits. I love Kate Spade, and she has some great pieces that make certain looks more fabulous, then a LV would...I think it's nice to have a balance of luxury, with more contemporary pieces :biggrin:

Yes - bags, sunglasses, and shoes. Now I am focusing on contemporary designer clothing as well - Kate spade, theory, Tory burch as well as some designer pieces - St. John and Armani and Escada.

No I'm a bit eclectic in my collection. While I do have premier bags I started off with contemporary bags and sort of graduated to higher end items over time. While some items have been rehomed due to a trial and error process finding out what styles work for me and what ones don't. As long as the styles and colors work for you and your needs that's what really matters. I think you are just smitten with your new bag you are forgetting about your other bags. You bought those bags because you liked them and they are functional remember that. Also you shouldn't be worried about wearing out your LV they are built to take a beating, ok maybe not a beating but they are very durable.

I carry any bag that I love and that makes my feel fabulous carrying it. That's luxury to me :smile:.

I love my Coach, my Kate Spade, and my MZWallace. Carry what you love! If you love LV, sell your other bags and save up.

I will say it's interesting you are worried about wearing out such an expensive bag just by carrying it every day. For 1K or more, I'd expect a bag to be at least that durable, but that's just me.

I carry any bag that I love and that makes my feel fabulous carrying it. That's luxury to me :smile:.

I love my Coach, my Kate Spade, and my MZWallace. Carry what you love! If you love LV, sell your other bags and save up.

I will say it's interesting you are worried about wearing out such an expensive bag just by carrying it every day. For 1K or more, I'd expect a bag to be at least that durable, but that's just me.

That's good advice....
I think I have read too much on here. I got the neverfull mm in damier ebene and I've heard all about the straps peeling and cracking, so I think I've come a bit paranoid but I LOVE the bag. I agree, a bag that expensive should hold up to some wear. I have a inherited problem of not wanting to wear, carry, use, something brand-new in fear of getting it "used", regardless of the brand. My grandmother and mother were and are the same way. It's crazy and goofy and I'm working on it....lol!

Last edited:
Long story short, I like variety in my collection! This applies to my entire wardrobe of clothes, shoes, and accessories.

I just posted this response in a similar thread but it fits here:

I pretty much buy what I like regardless of designer/brand name! I definitely have a big thing for LV and one day I would like to purchase a Chanel bag, but I don't dismiss other brands (at least not yet). There are some brands I was never a big fan of, like Dooney. I tend to like Coach more for their shoes and jewelry than anything else.

That being said, I typically refuse to pay full price for pieces by contemporary designers when I know I can most likely find them later at outlet stores, or flash sale sites.

No I'm a bit eclectic in my collection. While I do have premier bags I started off with contemporary bags and sort of graduated to higher end items over time. While some items have been rehomed due to a trial and error process finding out what styles work for me and what ones don't. As long as the styles and colors work for you and your needs that's what really matters. I think you are just smitten with your new bag you are forgetting about your other bags. You bought those bags because you liked them and they are functional remember that. Also you shouldn't be worried about wearing out your LV they are built to take a beating, ok maybe not a beating but they are very durable.

Thanks for the sound advice - I needed to hear that. I am smitten. I have just read too much on here about the handles cracking and peeling. I got the neverfull mm in damier ebene.

I like to mix it up depending on my mood and outfits. That's what makes it fun to change it up!