Do you allow....

my dd would never touch one of my bags if she wants to live

no really she hates everything I like, she is almost 14

but she does have a Coach swing pack and a Poppy swing pack

i also ordered her a wristlet with Pinky on it, my favorite SA tracked it down for me and gave me a PCE to use for it and anything else I might want

It's the opposite for me as I'm the one worrying whenever my mom borrows one of my hand bags. She's not really careful when carrying the bags and I almost had a heart attack when she decided to bring her LV NIL overseas for a vacation and was carrying it in the rain. Luckily, I'd sprayed a leather protectant on her bag so the rain didnt spot the vachetta on the NIL. She'd asked to borrow my black leather Coach messenger bag and I ended up just giving it to her so that I didn't have to worry about the bag. My mom loves the messenger bag to death and it's her most used and abused bag to date - LOL. Luckily, the leather on the bag has held up very well but I've told her that we need to clean and condition the leather on the bag to keep it looking nice so that she can continue to enjoy using it.

I have no babies...but my sister loves my bags. A few years ago I let her take one of my cross body bags to a concert...she destroyed it in the matter of a few hours. Stained, grubby...it was trashed and beyond repair. Since then she has been BANNED from even looking at my collection--I joke, but seriously, never will she use a bag unless she puts a deposit down on it which I'd return once the bag was returned in the same condition it was in when it left!

So...I have created a happy medium. I just buy her her own bags to use as she pleases.

My daughter is 12. She has 2 coach bags I've given her because they ended up being too small for me, but I would never let her borrow one I actually use. Even if she was older I don't think I'd be sharing bags with her.

My daughter is about to turn 21 and she already has quite the Coach collection herself. (over 25 bags) She's really careful with them and to be perfectly honest I don't know how she keeps them so nice living and partying away at college. So yes, anytime she wants to borrow one of mine I let her, and vice versa. But, there are certain bags that I would only let her use for a day around here and not let her take back to college for weeks at a time.
I'm pretty sure she wouldn't dare take one that I had just bought and not even used yet - but from what just happened to you, I'm gonna make sure she knows! LOL!

My mom has borrowed my bags a few times without asking which infuriates me beyond belief. She isn't terribly careful and it bothers me she'd just take things without asking permission. Like others, I buy her purses so she'd keep her mitts off my loot.

...your daughters to use your bags???

OMG I came home last night and my daughter (18) had my new PEYTON Tote - WTH - I had not even sprayed her yet - I told he PUT her back to sleep until I use her - WTH -

My daugther used my Denim Zoe and now it looks like it is about 15 yrs old.

omg... If it were me I'd be equally furious that she took it without asking AND that you hadn't even worn it yet!! Mama gets first dibs on the bags she buys, baby...

I would let my mother (52) borrow my purses because I know that she knows that I adore them so much that I know she would take the utmost care of them.

You might want to charge her a user fee. Maybe once she has to connect use with her money she might take better care of it. If it comes back in good shape she gets her money back.

I really love this suggestion, my 18 yr old is always sneaking my bags out of the closet where I keep most of them. She will try to put it back so I wont notice.....but I know I take better care and I never had car grease on my pink bag.... which all of a sudden was smeared on the top of a MFF bag...I know its MFF but they are still pretty pricey.

I let my 7 yr old walk around the house with my top handle pouch. She likes to put her little things in there and play "house" with her dolls. As for leaving the house? No, not ready for that yet.

i am 25 now and keep my purses clean (not too OCD but careful) but when i was in highschool my bags looked like they had been to hell and back! i took them anywhere and set them on any surface. to think i used to buy all my bags at claires LOL!

the only coach my mom has are hand me downs from me, but she treats everything super nice so i would let her even borrow my gold francine. thing about my mom is, unlike me she is not flashy and likes practical coach bags! so far she has a large purple suede soho tote, a small legacy denim tote, and a siggy coin purse

i have a 2 year old little boy who loves to play with the turnlocks and zippers on my coaches but thats it! lol he does have a little vera bradley make up bag he calls his purse (puts his coins in it) which his dad just loves lol

I dont have a daughter so no issues there, but when I was younger I used all my Mom's stuff, still do and I dont think I was too careful...Poor woman never said a thing to me that I couldn't ! ( PS I let her use my stuff so I am paying her back for those years!)