Do you all use you fabulous Balenciaga's for daily work bags?

I purchased my 2011 Anthracite City to be used for work and if I wanted to lug my iPad/giant makeup bag shopping. I tried bringing my Amethyst City to work once or twice, but, I was so pre-occupied with not brushing it against anything. I loved that the Anthracite was darker and would hold up to abuse better.

It still looks nearly perfect - and that is not with gentle usage.

I think the success in having a Balenciaga perform for work, without too much coddling, is entirely in getting a dark color which won't show dirt or scuffs noticeably.

I bought my 2011 Black City two months ago and I've been carrying it everyday to work. It still looks great and is breaking in nicely. I sprayed on Apple Guard water repellent after about a week of using it. I don't baby my bags at all, but I'm generally careful with my belongings.

i bring my bal to work, although i take turn with my other bags. Last time , i took her to next building (by walking) for a meeting and when we went back it started to rain. oh no! i go to work by car so she just go out from parking lot and sit nicely in my cubicle.
so far, what i use for work is only the basic colour like blue mineral, automn, or the most is electric blue..i dont dare to use rouge cardinal, cyclade, or mimosa (all are part of my collections).
may be anyone could share also what bal colour do you bring to work?

I use my Bbags to work and my business is an auto repair shop. They have a separate chair in the office and I also always keep an Envirosax inside my bag just in case it needs extra protection from rain. My fave travel bag is my Blue Jean City because the leather is so forgiving. I even used it going to Boracay Island Beach and not a single damage was met.

I love Balenciaga bags and they are a joy to use but you have to baby the light colored ones. Use and enjoy your bag everyday. It's a great confidence booster.

I too use my bal bags everyday, whether I am at work or not. If I'm using a small one like the First and I think it might rain, I usually put it inside of a zippered tote which also helps keep it clean and off the surfaces at my job. My husband teases me that I need a purse for my purse! Of course, why wouldn't I? :P

just chanced upon this thread...I use my Classic City in Cyclade and Part-time G12 in Caramel (I think...never figured out the exact shade) quite regularly....and the part-time has gone through some droplets of rain (windy with light drizzle) and turned out fine still...is it supposed to be that Balenciaga leather cannot withstand rainy weather??

they are great bags for work cos the bags are sooo light!

just chanced upon this thread...I use my Classic City in Cyclade and Part-time G12 in Caramel (I think...never figured out the exact shade) quite regularly....and the part-time has gone through some droplets of rain (windy with light drizzle) and turned out fine still...is it supposed to be that Balenciaga leather cannot withstand rainy weather??

they are great bags for work cos the bags are sooo light!
Same Q re rain - I've been caught out a few times and my black rh city seems ok? It had been treated with leather honey though so perhaps a little water repellent?

Bump... I wonder what bag do you gals bring to work if you're not using your Bal?
I recently took my dark night PT to a vacation and it was caught in a unexpected downpour
It got soaked a bit and the color leaked! (I don't know how else to describe it, the color came off and stained my grey jeans), the shoulder strap got damp too and the leather became a bit wavy! I was so freaked out. It's fine now the color still saturated but shoulder strap is much much softer now

I was just thinking about this exact question this morning! I bring my mini city in bleu minérale to work everyday but my black city only comes out on wknds provided it's not raining and it matches what I'm wearing, so it doesn't come out as often as I like it to come out.

But today as I look at my mini city's edges and corners that are fading, I'm starting to wonder whether I should be taking better care of it. In a few years it's gonna look old and faded and I don't actually like that look.

On a side note, I never put my bags on the floor. Doesn't matter what brand or price. The only thing that belongs on the floor, IMO, are shoes.

I don't know why I can't quote your message
How do you use a mini City for work? Isn't it small? How long have you had your mini City already? Mine is 15mths old now, corners have already lighten. So I have a kate spade Minka as alternative to my PT for work, something can beat around a bit

Last edited: