Do you all use you fabulous Balenciaga's for daily work bags?

Louise70290

Jan 29, 2013
I got my first Bbag last week, a fabulous little First (oh my goodness she is georgous).
I've been off work Friday and Monday so used her everyday since, we are getting along great I love her.
Today I was all set to take it to work, but at literally the last min I emptied the bag and took a work horse instead.
It was a raining, so I could use that as my excuse, but during the course of the day I found myself using the bathrooms in the building and looked at my workhorse bag on the floor and thought OMG what would I do if I had the First here... Its far to good to see the inside of work loo's!

So it leads me to ask, do you use your bag as a daily work bag?
If you do, how do you get over the thought of spoiling it by the daily use and places it will get too?
Do you all have fancy jobs?

I work in an education establishment in a lovely old building, but still its not as clean as I would have my home!

Reactions: Namwan-

snowbubble

Sep 5, 2013
I use my Balenciagas as a every day work bag, although I always check the weather first when I see clouds coming in. :smile:

I work in a office building, decently clean. Purses are happier here than being closet dwellers.

clevercat

catwoman
Sep 29, 2008
I almost always use a Bal, they are my workhorse bags. You're in the UK, like me - so we are used to the rain. Get an envirosax to protect your new Bal if you get caught in a sudden downpour (I only ever do this when my bags are new-to-me. Balenciaga bags are much tougher than they look). I only really have one rule - the bag never sits on the floor. Ever.
I am lucky in that I work from home most of the time, but when I am out and about in meetings and at the office, the Bal always has a seat of its own. :smile:

nikip01

-N- MY FASHION BABY
Feb 19, 2009
Heck yeah I take my bags to work!!! I didn't spend the money so they could sit in the closet. I think they would be sad and miss you if you left them at home all day. They want to be shown off and toted around and used. Just like your favorite stuffed animal when you were a kid. You dragged it every where, after 5 years it got a beating but you loved it even more and some of you may still have it tucked away in your closet, or on your beds. That's how I treat my Bals. I love them and use them, like they want to be.

Honeylicious

Bags & Sushi
O.G.
Aug 5, 2009
Of course, that was the reason why I bought my part time~ I use it everyday, sometimes I swap it with my City. But I'll never ever put them on a bathroom floor, or any floor, I won't do so even with my cheap bags, I just don't think that's hygienic

vesna

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
I use my Balenciagas as a every day work bag, although I always check the weather first when I see clouds coming in. :smile:

I work in a office building, decently clean. Purses are happier here than being closet dwellers.

exactly the same ...I have a beautiful dark violet WORK :biggrin: I work at the university and my bag has its own clean chair

Prada143

Mar 25, 2013
I use my beloved Bbags everyday. I don't baby then, but I don't throw 'em around either. Don't be embarassed putting it in a seperate chair or putting it inside an eco bag when its pouring. With normal use, your bag will last you years and years. For the more paranoid user, a Bbag in Hamilton leather is scratch resistant! :smile: i use mine when i go on fieldwork or when out with my lil tot!

galat3a

O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
I use my beloved Bbags everyday. I don't baby then, but I don't throw 'em around either. Don't be embarassed putting it in a seperate chair or putting it inside an eco bag when its pouring. With normal use, your bag will last you years and years. For the more paranoid user, a Bbag in Hamilton leather is scratch resistant! :smile: i use mine when i go on fieldwork or when out with my lil tot!

I agree with this!

When I got my first City, I carried it everywhere I go, almost 99% of the whole year. Bringing BBags to work is not a problem to me, as I work inside an office, but when I use them for traveling, I'd make sure that I bring the dustbag, too, in case they need to be "sheltered."

;)

vlo4sho

Oct 22, 2012
I JUST got my first Bbag a few days ago and brought it to work. I have an empty desk next to mine so that space is all hers. I plan on bringing her EVERYWHERE but definitely will not be putting her on any floors. I think my boyfriend might be even more protective of her... He tried to strap a seatbelt on her yesterday in the car!

Louise70290

Jan 29, 2013
Deceision made then I will take her to work tomorrow, it is casual friday so I dont have a lot to take tomorrow.

Appreciate all the opinions, I think I'm a little OCD about my bags.
(only my bags though, I'm not altogether odd!)