Do you add protective soles to your Valentino rockstuds?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I recently bought my first Valentino cage flats. While I can't wait to wear them, I wanted to find out how they wear so I can decide whether I should get protective soles added.

Any advice and suggestions?

Also has anyone had issues with the protective soles near the pointy ends? Do they come out alright?

TIA

2. A photo of the flats. I think I will get the protective soles.

3. I'd love to know the answer to this question too! I have read that some people who put the protective stickers left the soles worse so I don't know what to do!

4. I have put protective soles on my rockstuds. With my high and kitten heels I waited until after I had worn them out at least 3 or 4 times before I took them to my cobbler, but with my flats including normal and caged I had them soled when they were either brand new or after just one wear. I don't know why, but the tip of the sole right at the front tends to get absolutely destroyed after just the one wear.

5. Would you be able to post a picture? I just ordered my first pair of caged flats as well and have been debating whether or not to get a protective sole added by my cobbler

6. I got protective soles added to my flats. I wore them 2x & was horrified at even the wear from carpet. I don't think you can tell & im quite happy with them.

7. Where can you get this done and what kind of soles?

8. This!! I don't know why but I have the same problem with all my pointy flats, no matter the brand.. The tips get ruined and look as if they've been sanded down. and I thought it was just me that have this problem!

Great idea to take them to the cobbler ASAP.

9. Are these the protective soles? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465331331.001611.jpg

10. Hi sashaj, i am so sorry for the late reply. I don't know why I didn't see your post earlier...:confused1: but here's a pic of one of my resoled rockstuds which looks pretty much like the pic you just posted.
    IMG_20160628_224224.jpg

11. That's ok, thank you!

12. What's the benefit of putting soles on? I see a lot of people do it but I am not sure about why?

13. I finally got a pair of the kitten heels and dropped them off at the cobbler straight away. The sole was super thin and I didn't want them ruined by walking on concrete etc. I hope they don't affect the comfort of the overall shoe

MrsO likes this.
  14. Hello! I was told by the sales associate without the additional sole the toes crease. Mine are still perfect after lots of wear but I got them soled immediately. I was going to buy another pair this time second hand through a high end page I follow and I noticed in the photo the left toe was creased the lady said she had worn them 3-4 times.

15. I always had protective soles & metal tips put on my designer shoes by my local cobbler. they're worth it!