Do yoga practitioners here wear the regular 'Love Bracelet'

Navadety

Jun 27, 2018
I've been wanting the regular Love Bracelet for long long time (I already have the regular JUC and Ecrou bracelets). Given my intense exercises (Calisthenics and Ashtanga Yoga), I need to move my wrists a lot, I'm not sure if the Love Bracelet suits my lifestyle. I've tried the Free Love (the Love SM) but I think it looks way to small on my wrist.

I try not to care much about the scratches from my activity, the main concern is all about the comfort and practicality.

Please kindly share your experience wearing the Love Bracelet and do such exercises. Otherwise, I might need to give up and look for other similar styles (the VCA classic Perlee or Bulgari B.Zero).

TIA.

i wear both a small and a regular love and i am very active and work out daily. i do have to sometimes move the bracelets so that they don’t block my wrist movement. sometimes they get stuck on my wrist bone. they’re not flexible bracelets. if this is likely to annoy you then they’re not for you.

and yes they will scratch a lot. it’s not as noticeable on the pave one but the 10 diamond one looked like it had been through a tornado a week after i started wearing it.

i wear both a small and a regular love and i am very active and work out daily. i do have to sometimes move the bracelets so that they don’t block my wrist movement. sometimes they get stuck on my wrist bone. they’re not flexible bracelets. if this is likely to annoy you then they’re not for you.

and yes they will scratch a lot. it’s not as noticeable on the pave one but the 10 diamond one looked like it had been through a tornado a week after i started wearing it.

Thanks for your input, I might be rather looking for the alternative ones then. Understand that scratches are inevitable but having been through a tornado in a week is over my tolerance level lol.

Reactions: springtoaction
I wear my regular Love bracelet surfing. It is banged up and has surf wax in it and it's fine. I have the thin as well but I take it off when I surf. I surf three times a week and my Classic gets worked. :smile:

• Love
Reactions: avcbob and Navadety
Thanks for your input, I might be rather looking for the alternative ones then. Understand that scratches are inevitable but having been through a tornado in a week is over my tolerance level lol.

if you don’t have your heart set on cartier might i suggest shamballa bracelets? very comfortable and flexible and they don’t get beat up like the loves do.

just an update
today i did some boxing with both loves on and they ended up digging into my wrist and actually aggravated the muscle under there. now i am going to take them off to let my arm rest (the two of them are stiff and a little heavy) but i am not going to remove my shamballa bracelet.

• Wow
Reactions: Navadety
here they are. i’ve never taken them off before. i guess from now on i won’t wear them as much (especially the RG one the small one is easy to pop on and off) if i have to take them off once a week to do boxing. disappointing.

56707D34-DEDD-4179-9D9C-EF730EB32547.jpeg

• Wow
just an update
today i did some boxing with both loves on and they ended up digging into my wrist and actually aggravated the muscle under there. now i am going to take them off to let my arm rest (the two of them are stiff and a little heavy) but i am not going to remove my shamballa bracelet.
here they are. i’ve never taken them off before. i guess from now on i won’t wear them as much (especially the RG one the small one is easy to pop on and off) if i have to take them off once a week to do boxing. disappointing.

View attachment 4924988
That does not look right to me. Maybe they are not meant to be worn while exercising truly.

i thought the whole idea behind them was that you could wear them 24/7 regardless of what you were doing because you’re not even supposed to have the key with you. thank god he left me the key (he almost took it with him) and i could get them off.

live and learn i guess .....

• Love
I've been wanting the regular Love Bracelet for long long time (I already have the regular JUC and Ecrou bracelets). Given my intense exercises (Calisthenics and Ashtanga Yoga), I need to move my wrists a lot, I'm not sure if the Love Bracelet suits my lifestyle. I've tried the Free Love (the Love SM) but I think it looks way to small on my wrist.

I try not to care much about the scratches from my activity, the main concern is all about the comfort and practicality.

Please kindly share your experience wearing the Love Bracelet and do such exercises. Otherwise, I might need to give up and look for other similar styles (the VCA classic Perlee or Bulgari B.Zero).

TIA.

I have all 3 regular bracelets and have been wearing them (only 1 at a time) for a variety of workouts - The Love is the most secure and comfortable for most workouts and yoga styles, however you'll need to be careful with movements that require your wrists to be close contact with the floor, or equipment (e.g. bar or ring work, or anything with CrossFit movements or similar), which may damage the bracelet - not talking about superficial scratches here! Depending on the fit of the Love on your wrist, the lock mechanism on the inside may also dig into your skin at some angles (e.g. weight training) and leave a mark.

Both the Ecrou and JUC have popped open for me during certain movements like handstands and forearm balance, because of the wrist extension pushing against the bracelet's lock. They may also cause discomfort for certain yoga poses (e.g. binding poses) due to the protrusions but at least you can easily remove them as needed. The Love is mostly flat (except the lock mechanism on both ends) so I find it much more comfortable.

My recommendation is that whichever bracelet you choose to wear, avoid stacking them as not only would it cause more scratches, but having more rigid items around your wrist during exercise may increase the risk of injury.