Do we need to keep the receipt from the Chanel store incase of getting them fix?

scooterella

Nov 19, 2007
Of course that my hubby bought a Chanel bag and wallet for me from Berlin, Germany. So when he did the VAT Refund I guess the custom didn't give the receipt back to him I think they kept it. Is it okay if in the future something happen to my purse and I need to get it fix do I need the receipt? Since I live in US and I bought my bag from Germany.

I had to take my CHANEL for repair when it was still under warranty. When I took mine in, the SA did ask for the receipt. However, I guess they can look you up in the system and find out when the bag was bought if it is still under warranty. After the warranty date, the receipt is not needed.

i bought my bag in paris and when i needed to take it in for repair under warranty in the US, they did ask to see my receipt...not sure if the computer system tracks different countries for purchase dates

US boutiques can't even track something that was sent to me from Hawaii, so I don't think they can find purchases made from Europe. But I'm sure you can explain and have them call the boutique if you need repairs within the first year.