do we have to pay custom tax?

glamourgirlpink ~ I'm so sorry this happened to you, as it happened to me too. I'm in the process of protesting an incorrect Customs Duty Invoice I received from DHL a couple weeks ago, and, to add to injury, these are bags I no longer have as I returned them to Ashley recently. So, I called them a few days ago and asked if they expect me to pay for bags I no longer have, as I returned them and have evidence from the USPO.

Let me tell you, they were confounded and at a complete loss! I got so frustrated speaking with them that I asked if I could contact them again in a couple or few days...if this would make a difference either way, and I was told that this would be fine.

So, sometime early this week, I will give them a call again and see what the next step will be to protest paying for something I no longer have.

The bill is for under $164 (including their $5 fee) but should be for nearly $64; although, based on having returned the order in its entirety, I should not be responsible for paying anything, although I am more than happy to pay their $5 fee for their trouble. Well, we'll see how it turns out.

You know what, now that I think about this, DHL should be able to look you up based upon your name (if they spelled it correctly) and your delivery address. I spoke to a very polite and helpful gentleman named Jerome who deals with international billing. I don't know if you may request to speak with particular individuals, but if you can ~ I say it's worth a shot to speak with him. He is patient, detailed, articulate, friendly, and professional.

I'll keep you posted about my DHL Customs Duty Invoice dilemma and hope you can get yours staightened out if there is any hope. I do wonder, however, if they gave you the "brush off" to avoid having to do some checking into older past records.

Again, if you decide to pursue this, I wish you luck and success! :yes:

The problem is that I no longer have the invoices! I did email them but they responded by saying that there was nothing they can do if I don't have my airbill number. I wasn't even asking for a refund, just for copies of the invoices for Ashley since they needed it to resolve the issue with DHL.

glamourgirlpink ~ I'm so sorry this happened to you, as it happened to me too. I'm in the process of protesting an incorrect Customs Duty Invoice I received from DHL a couple weeks ago, and, to add to injury, these are bags I no longer have as I returned them to Ashley recently. So, I called them a few days ago and asked if they expect me to pay for bags I no longer have, as I returned them and have evidence from the USPO.

Let me tell you, they were confounded and at a complete loss! I got so frustrated speaking with them that I asked if I could contact them again in a couple or few days...if this would make a difference either way, and I was told that this would be fine.

So, sometime early this week, I will give them a call again and see what the next step will be to protest paying for something I no longer have.

The bill is for under $164 (including their $5 fee) but should be for nearly $64; although, based on having returned the order in its entirety, I should not be responsible for paying anything, although I am more than happy to pay their $5 fee for their trouble. Well, we'll see how it turns out.

You know what, now that I think about this, DHL should be able to look you up based upon your name (if they spelled it correctly) and your delivery address. I spoke to a very polite and helpful gentleman named Jerome who deals with international billing. I don't know if you may request to speak with particular individuals, but if you can ~ I say it's worth a shot to speak with him. He is patient, detailed, articulate, friendly, and professional.

I'll keep you posted about my DHL Customs Duty Invoice dilemma and hope you can get yours staightened out if there is any hope. I do wonder, however, if they gave you the "brush off" to avoid having to do some checking into older past records.

Again, if you decide to pursue this, I wish you luck and success! :yes:

dsrk, if you could post your outcome, I think this would be really helpful to some other gals here who are considering buying from BE but are afraid of the "double-whammy" of returning the bag (per the time-frame of the "no quibble" policy) but still being stuck with the customs fees. :yes:

audball67 ~ what an excellent idea! I will surely do this so others can deal with any and all incorrect Custom Duty Invoices they may receive. When I called DHL last week about having returned my two bags and not wishing to pay any Custom Duty charge, it was as if this was completely new territory to them. They've been around a while, so I can't say I understand why they were unable to provide any instruction on how I should proceed next.

At any rate, I will keep you all posted when more happens.

dsrk, if you could post your outcome, I think this would be really helpful to some other gals here who are considering buying from BE but are afraid of the "double-whammy" of returning the bag (per the time-frame of the "no quibble" policy) but still being stuck with the customs fees. :yes: