Do Valentinos come with authenticity cards?

swagchild16

Oct 3, 2020
I just bought a Valentino Garavani Rockstud clutch from Nordstrom Rack. It comes with a dust bag, extra replacement studs, and a little card about the leather. But no authenticity card. Obviously this isn't a fake purse, but I know resale value will decrease without an authenticity card. I read somewhere that they may not come with these cards anymore? Wondering if I should try to contact Nordstrom Rack about this, but I want to make sure that something is actually missing first!

boy09

Dec 29, 2020
Hello! I recently bought a Valentino bag from the Valentino Boutique. I noticed that it has no serial number and no authenticity cards. Does yours have a serial number?

Aug 20, 2010
Hello! I recently bought a Valentino bag from the Valentino Boutique. I noticed that it has no serial number and no authenticity cards. Does yours have a serial number?
Which Valentino bag you bought? All my Valentino bags have serial numbers on them. If you are buying something from a recent collection the serial number should be on a fabric tag deep inside the inner pocket

boy09

Dec 29, 2020
I attached a photo of the bag. I bought it online directly from Valentino. I called the boutique, and they said that not all the bags come with the serial tags inside, and that the numbers on the tag only represent the style of the bag.

boy09

Dec 29, 2020
I just bought a Valentino Garavani Rockstud clutch from Nordstrom Rack. It comes with a dust bag, extra replacement studs, and a little card about the leather. But no authenticity card. Obviously this isn't a fake purse, but I know resale value will decrease without an authenticity card. I read somewhere that they may not come with these cards anymore? Wondering if I should try to contact Nordstrom Rack about this, but I want to make sure that something is actually missing first!
I bought mine from the actual boutique, and it comes with a care booklet, no authenticity card.