do u love your Bolide?

Hello, Shoes.....my Bolide is a 31cm. The Bolide's easy zipper accesss makes it a perfect size for me.

Greentea, I love Ebene too. And the heart charm will be lovely. I have an ebene bag and have even used the raspberry keychain/charm with it.

Shopmom, the Pelican charms are very emotive to me. We have a little place right on the ocean. Today, we had a picnic lunch there and watched the pelicans as they did their fly by:wlae:

oh tangle tell me more. tell me all about it!!! so gorgeous it's sick. i'm actually hypnotized. how can anything be that perfect?!
and the pictures of you wearing it in the action thread make it even more appealing, if that's possible. it wears so so well. in the hand, on the shoulder - just... :love: :love: :love: :love:

my bolide fever is interfering with my sleep.

Thank you HiHeels! I am amazed by how comfortable the shoulder strap is, and that I like the way it looks on the shoulder--I thought it would look or feel awkward with the strap, but I just love it.

As much as I love the Hermes colors, I am very happy with the black, because it really will go with everything in my wardrobe. Brief pangs when I think of how gorgeous the bag would be in ebene, or raisin, or potiron . . . but I can't have four bolides. Well, if I did, I would have to find someplace to hide them :ninja:

^^^everything i expected to hear. yup. how heavy is it? are you stuffing it out? i can relate to what you're saying about the colors - i wouldn't regret black for a minute either, but undeniably the bolide takes color really well and you listed the 3 that appeal to me the most (add rouge H and indigo though:biggrin:). i can find nothing wrong with any of those for me personally. each would be divine! it's a really great thing (what am i saying???:confused1:) that the stores never have all in stock at once for customers to choose from. impossible to do!

Shopmom, the Pelican charms are very emotive to me. We have a little place right on the ocean. Today, we had a picnic lunch there and watched the pelicans as they did their fly by:wlae:

Oh, fabulous Susi!!! How marvelous to have a place on the water!!! It sounds just heavenly!!!!!!

okay babyhart, you owe major footage. dh will be home eventually, right? a few more days?
i've got some great bolide pictures that i'm accumulating, so i want to thank all the posters who have shared their bolides with me. it actually really helps a lot while i wait to get my own.

Re: bolide strap, do you all use it frequently and if so, on the same or opposite shoulder? I can't decide whether to take my 31 this weekend to a party and if so whether to use the strap.
Babyhart, am still anxiously awaiting your photos!!

Re: bolide strap, do you all use it frequently and if so, on the ipsilateral or contralateral shoulder? I can't decide whether to take my 31 this weekend to a party and if so whether to use the strap.
Babyhart, am still anxiously awaiting your photos!!

Hi Pepper,

I tried my Bolide on messenger style, with the strap across the body, and I found the strap on my 31 too short to do this.

I find it very comfortable worn on the shoulder--I put a picture in the "your hermes in action" thread a couple of days ago. I am short (5'1"), and was suprised because the strap seems perfect to me and usually everything is too long. Do taller people order longer straps? Or, maybe it is a magical Hermes strap that always seems the perfect length?:smile:

^^Thanks, that is just what I wanted to know--I had not tried to put it across but now I know not to bother! I am just used to carrying bags by their handles and hoping I won't be too awkward with a shoulder strap. I guess I could prance around my home with it to "practice"--but family members would have a field day with me...

I will have to try the strap - I also generally don't use it, but it might be nice to at times. I have found I prefer the 2 handles of the bolide or birkin vs. a kelly while out shopping for the day...I wonder if the kelly strap is the same length?

^ if you want to wear it as a messenger, order a canvas strap for your Bolide. I've seen a few on ebay for this purpose, too. It's the same strap as the Evelyne comes with. When I get my Bolide, I'm going to get one of these straps for traveling

^^ I guess I could prance around my home with it to "practice"--but family members would have a field day with me...

LOL, when taking the pictures of the bag, and of me with the bag, I didn't know which was worse; the fact that I was sneaking around to take the pictures :sneaky: , or the teasing I would get if I were caught by my family