Do u like your JPG birkin?

witwit

O.G.
Dec 15, 2007
I'm thinking of getting one. Are there any pros and cons on this bag? Thank you so much for your help :smile:

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
I would love to get one only it would have to be the JPG1 the second generation I just do not love because I feel it looks a little off though I'm told it is much more ergonomically designed and wearable but thing is the HW on the first is just way more attractive but I love it do take into account the weight though ! Darling best birkel.

Jan 18, 2008
Downside is the weight but it is offset by being able to wear on the shoulder. It is a nice change from having a birkin.

I kept bumping into walls/doors. I need to reorientate my spatial awareness before too much colour/leather is rubbed off!

Jan 7, 2008
I have 3 SBII and I love it. It's heavy but I love the fact that you can put it on your shoulder and got your hands free to for shopping or things you may need to do.

medusa2020

H-appy
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
love both the JPG/SB1 and the SB2 - love the amount of stuff that I can schlep around with me. Would love to buy more!

pyrexia

rosed.
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
in an orange box
I love that the SB is roomy and can be worn over the shoulder. Major plus points for the hands-free option it gives me.

That being said, I've fallen out of love with my SB recently.. I am finding it a bit bulky and cumbersome to carry around, and I never seem to fail to hit into someone or something when I bring it out. Not to mention, it is heavy when you load it up.

wesleymews

Nov 26, 2010
I'm thinking of getting one. Are there any pros and cons on this bag? Thank you so much for your help :smile:
I do like the shape of mine but find it doesn;t really stay on my shoulder and also as it's the first generation one has no inside zipped pocket, so not as safe as standard Birkin.

Ranag

Light Years Away
Jan 4, 2006
^^^

ITA about not really staying on the shoulder - I have had the same problem. I have really grown to dislike my JPG bags as they are just too heavy for me. I made the mistake of taking one to Vegas with me a couple of years ago, and I was totally miserable lugging that thing around the whole trip. I love the look of the bag, but I just cannot use them anymore (back problems). Hopefully the Shoulder Birkin II's are more light-weight.

witwit

O.G.
Dec 15, 2007
TammyD, aspenmartial, birkel, bags to die for, crispypritchon, medusa2020, pyrexia, livethelake, wesleymews, ranag

Thank you so much for your great inputs. I think I know what should I do now? Maybe ...just pass this one and wait until H can come with lighter version of jpg! :biggrin: coz at the end of the day, I can't stand lots of weights on my shoulder... Too bad!

Thx again guys! You are the best!!

pyrexia

rosed.
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
in an orange box
^^^

ITA about not really staying on the shoulder - I have had the same problem. I have really grown to dislike my JPG bags as they are just too heavy for me. I made the mistake of taking one to Vegas with me a couple of years ago, and I was totally miserable lugging that thing around the whole trip. I love the look of the bag, but I just cannot use them anymore (back problems). Hopefully the Shoulder Birkin II's are more light-weight.
I don't have an SBI to compare, but I can tell you that the SBII is nowhere near lightweight... it still is heavier than a 35 togo.

pyrexia

rosed.
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
in an orange box
TammyD, aspenmartial, birkel, bags to die for, crispypritchon, medusa2020, pyrexia, livethelake, wesleymews, ranag

Thank you so much for your great inputs. I think I know what should I do now? Maybe ...just pass this one and wait until H can come with lighter version of jpg! :biggrin: coz at the end of the day, I can't stand lots of weights on my shoulder... Too bad!

Thx again guys! You are the best!!

Hopefully, H will start making other leathers available for the SB. I think the weight issue is due largely to the fact that all SBs are clemence leather, which is one of the heaviest.

Jan 18, 2008
pyrexia, the new SBII in iris, rubis that I've seen are in togo (I made my SM check a number of times and read the label myself!). I think they're lighter than the SBII in clemence.