Do u like a lot hardwares on your bag?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Do u like a lot hardwares on your bag? Whether is gold or silver in color? Do you think it will make the bag look "cheap"?

2. I love hardware. The type of hardware used makes or breaks the bag.

That's why I :heart: chloe (two toned hardware --- gold locks, silver zippers)

3. i love silver hardware most.... but sometimes certain colors look best with gold hardware.. it depends..

4. I really like hardware. I think gold looks good on the elegant ladylike bags like Jimmy Choos and Guccis, while I love silver hardware on edgy bags. I have a Versace Biker bag and Dolce and Gabbana bag with silver studs, I'm into the biker look.

5. I prefer minimal hardware. Too much is too heavy and can sometimes look tacky.

6. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I have a small Betsey Johnson collection--i.e., lots of hardware--for when I'm in the mood. I do like buckles!

7. I agree, not to mention all the scratches and nicks you have to worry about.:s

8. I LOVE me some hardware! I prefer it to be silver in color. Studs, grommets, chains, you name it, I love it. I do think it can be overdone, though. Mostly it depends on the individual bag.

9. I like just enough for the bag to function well. Too much hardware makes the bag heavier and though I have a bad shoulder, I love to wear shoulder bags, so I look for the lighter bags. If it's done well, it won't make it look "cheap" IMO.

10. I like very little hardware, with the exception of some Chloe bags.

11. I love love love love hardware. Not to an extreme, as it can be tacky. But the lock on the Paddington as well as the horsebits on the Gucci... :love:

12. I don't really like hardware, unless it's on a Suhali bag!!!

13. <--------------The only true hardware I like is the hardware on my paddy. I think its just the perfect amount that really gives the bag that look to make it "pop"

14. i guess it depends, if it complements the look of the bag i buy it.

but if the chains and other bits are in gold, i don't buy it.

oh! and there was a time i was only buying bags with buckles, pockets, and other things dangling with the bag. :lol:

cheers all!!!

15. I'm not a fan of harwareliciousness. That's probably why I don't like at lot of this season's 'in' bags.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice