do u feel ferragamo bags have no resale value :-(

I bought Ferragamo Mya (mini) bag for around 370 euros (it was -50%off) and sold it later for 280 euros. Although they are high quality, people are not willing to pay much. Same applies to me, I only purchase them during sales.
Ferragamo is a classic but it doesn't have particularly trendy/classic image or big logos (think of many Gucci bags, Chanel CC-lock, Hermes Evelyne and so on) which in my opinion are two major factors that affect the resale value.

I used to think that it had a lot to do with the styles being discounted, but it is only a part of it. I think it has the most to do with demand and the timelessness of the piece. Louis Vuitton's monogram pieces have a relatively high resale value compared to their original price, but their higher price point bags like their Capucines and Twist bags do not although LV never discounts anything. Chanel's classics like their Classic Flap and Reissue have very high resale values, but their seasonal pieces don't have such a high resale value.

And then the surge of a brand's popularity affects resale value as well. Gucci resale has been increasing since Alessandro Michele took over as Creative Director.
So true.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. The re-sale value for Ferraro is very low, which is such a shame because the quality of their bags is quite impeccable. Brand new they are just as expensive as the other premier high end brands. It almost doesn't make sense, given how expensive the initial prices are.

Although that may be true, I still choose to buy new SF bags. Even though the LV bags I have will sell for a higher percentage of their original cost the quality just isn’t as good as it once was. SF bags are amazing quality and the smell of the leather is divine :smile:

Totally right. Their quality is good and even the gold hardware on my bags are still gold color and didn't fade after 8 years.
The LV bags i have , the gold color hardware has already faded in a few years.

Totally right. Their quality is good and even the gold hardware on my bags are still gold color and didn't fade after 8 years.
The LV bags i have , the gold color hardware has already faded in a few years.
Even the LV small leather goods I recently purchased just feel flimsy and not the quality I’m used to from LV. I’m SO happy with my Ferragamo and Prada bags and not sure I’ll ever get another LV item...

Reactions: dotty8