Do they make "raincoats" for handbags?

LoriB

wife, mom, bagaholic
O.G.
Apr 3, 2006
About 1 minute before I left my house this morning, it started pouring rain. I grabbed an empty plastic grocery bag and put my bbag in it, tied up the handles and went on to work.

I was thinking how nice it would be to have a stylish looking vinyl tote with a zip-lock style zipper on it to put my bbag in, throw the tote over my shoulder and have my hands free for my umbrella. When you arrive at your destination, take your bbag out and fold up your tote and store it in a makeup bag sized pouch. Does such a thing exist already? If not, someone please invent it! It rains a lot here.

I just found out that Hermes bags come with a raincoat for the bag. For that price, they should come with a sexy man to follow you around with a giant umbrella....oops, did I type that out loud? *L*

Picture it....a very thin but strong and durable tote bag, maybe with the words "purse poncho" on it, maybe clear vinyl, like a shower curtain, so you can see the gorgeous designer handbag inside. The tote would roll up very small when not in use and tuck neatly inside your bag, so you are never caught out the rain without it.

If only I had the financial backing to invent this! But sadly, all my extra money is spent on handbags. Is that ironic, or sad?

He would need to be a sexy gay man, though, so our husbands don't get mad! Plus, he'd appreciate your handbag more. Not that straight men don't appreciate handbags....hmm, I should just shut up now.

Finding a stylish waterproof tote is not the problem, those are everywhere. Finding one that is thin enough to roll up small but durable enough to hold a heavy handbag, that is the problem.

somebody please invent this! I would so get it! Though I wouldn't say no to LoriB's idea of a very sexy man holding giant umbrella following me around..... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

LoriB said:
He would need to be a sexy gay man, though, so our husbands don't get mad! Plus, he'd appreciate your handbag more. Not that straight men don't appreciate handbags....hmm, I should just shut up now.

Nono, gay man for the married ladies. straight ones for us singles. LOL. Can we choose too? I want Jake Gyllenhaal. ^____^

Funny how you said "very" sexy man. I just said sexy man. It would be nice to have a little eye candy to go with the arm candy.

If I knew how to sew, I'd be trying to create one of these raincoat things.

I'm married but if a straight man was an option, I'd pick Chris from American Idol, shirtless, and make him sing to me while he carries my umbrella. I like rockers and I am a fan of his style of music. The Fuel song he sang on the show is my ringtone on my cell. Yep, shirtless Chris Daughtry singing and carrying my umbrella...that image should get me through the last 30 minutes here at work......

If only this zipped up on top:
http://www.mixx.us/catalog5.php

:idea: I've been meaning to buy one of these for those trips to the grocery store on the way home from work (I take the train to/from work, so no car to carry the groceries home in), but a waterproof equivalent with a zipper on top would be so wonderful to protect my bags from our erratic Chicago weather!:amuse: