Do they do authentifications at Neiman Marcus?

1. I have an auction currently running, and I had a question from a potential buyer regarding the authenticity of my bag. She asked if she could return it if the lady at NM deems it a fake. Do they even do this? My worry is that she would send back a crap bag, and I would be sunk.

Any suggestions? She did ask for a specific photo, which I will send. I was actually planning on sending quite a few to help her feel better about things. Can you ladies think of anything else I can do?
    Tami

2. Neiman's doesn't officially do authentications. How is the Buyer's feedback? Sometimes in situations like this I have a tendency to go with my gut and block the bidder. Othertimes, they really are just looking for a sense of reassurance, perhaps having been burned before?

3. Nope, NM and Chloe boutiques have a policy of not performing authentication. When I send a bag, I create a special custom tag that I place on it with my signature on one side and inked thumbprint over it, and on the other side a written description of the bag. Then I attach it in such a way so that the tape covers the hole of the tag, so the buyer can't remove the tag and re-attach it to a fake bag (in order to claim I sent them a different bag from the one I sent them). Yes, it's paranoid, but I haven't had any problems in the past two transactions, and hopefully the most recent one *knock on wood*.

4. I did this tag thing, and no problems! I just cut a long strip of paper, wrote the description of the bag, date of sale, buyers name, my signature, and put some of my kids stickers on it! I took photos up close of the tag before I put it on the bag, and then more photos when I put it on the bag. I think this is an excellent idea, btw! Thank you for the input!

5. As far as I know the only place that authenticates Chloe is mypoupette.com.
    She would have to take detailed pictures of the bag and e-mail them in for a $15 fee.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice