Do they ask for your name?

Aug 14, 2006
Canada
I know this is a whiney pointless post but I have to ask...

When you buy from the store does to SA ask for your name?

I've bought four things so far since the store opened up here at the end of July and only once did they ask for my name. It's kind of frustrating. I like it when things kind of go on an account for me in case of returns, etc.

TIA!

SLVDW47

hand me my leather..
Aug 26, 2008
New York
Not sure what exactly you're referring to, but SAs are always prompted by the checkout screen to ask for a customer's last name and zip code...this makes it possible to put the sale under your name and address for PCE and other purposes

Aug 14, 2006
Canada
^^^ That's exactly what I thought. At other stores I shop at they usually ask for that info when I buy something.

I normally buy Coach online, and at the store in Vancouver but since they opened one up here I've tried to only buy there. Out of the four times I've purchased something they've only asked for my info once. I thought it was really weird that they didn't do it the first three times.

Rapunzel

Passion for Fashion
Apr 3, 2007
New England
Actually, asking the customer's name and giving his or her name is one of the sales commitments that the SA's are "graded" on. This is in addition to being required to ask for the name, address, phone number, etc at the cash wrap. Both of these things are required by the company. Not good if your SA's are slacking in this area.

SLVDW47

hand me my leather..
Aug 26, 2008
New York
If they're not at least asking for your name and zip code then they're not doing their job and you're probably not getting the sale put under your name.

Aug 14, 2006
Canada
The SA's are majorly slacking in most areas in this store. I've already spoke to the manager once about bad service. Guess I'm calling again in the morning!

ozmodiar

O.G.
Feb 28, 2008
If you're paying by credit card, they've already got your name when they run it through the register. They then usually ask for your zip code to confirm it's you.

peacocky

Flaunt your Fringe
Dec 7, 2005
If you're paying by credit card, they've already got your name when they run it through the register. They then usually ask for your zip code to confirm it's you.
that's what I was going to say. If you frequently buy, your credit card stores your info so they may not have to ask. Does it say your name at the top of the receipts?