Do these bags look familiar? - Ur thoughts on 'Designer-inspired' Bags?

JJ_magic

Jan 24, 2009
Hi!

I'm not well-versed in luxury designer bags... :sweatdrop:
and I'm not fussy about the brands as long as I like the design and it's of good quality material / workmanship :yes:

(Although, there're brands / designs I avoid simply coz too many people ard me carries them, or hav seen too many imitations :cursing:)

Found this online website - http://www.tuscanyleather.it/en/main.html
And I'm interested in a couple of their bag designs. :P

Had posted it in the 'Authenticate This' thread as well to check reliability as couldn't find web reviews on this brand. :shrugs:

Received feedback that the online website seems genuine and bags are not counterfeits, but designs are probably designer-inspired.......

:faint: ........ Here lies my dilemma ........ :faint:

What do you classify as 'designer-inspired' vs 'imitation/counterfeit'??? :confused1:
--- Is it just a matter of whether it has a fake branding/logo on the bag???

I'm actually ok if a bag is slightly 'designer-inspired', because think that there are some design elements that are quite basic / generic...
and the design elements are not linked to just 1 particular designer brand.

But I don't want to carry bags that are easily recognisible as a particular designer brand's model, in case it gets mistaken as an imitation/counterfeit...

Where do you "draw the line" when it comes to 'designer-inspired' bags..??

The following posts are pics of bags that I'm interested in from the online website.

Can please help to advise on:
1) Do you find these designs familiar? If yes, which brand's bag model?
2) Will you classify them as 'desginer-inspired' or 'imitation'? and why?

I don't recognise these bag designs from any designer brands.. but then...... haha... my knowledge of designer bags are quite limited... :sweatdrop::P:sweatdrop:

Name: Mona Lisa
Desciption: Doctor Leather Bag
Size: 13.78 x 5.51 x 9.06 inch
Weight: 1.2 KG (ermm.... do you think 1.2 kg for a bag is too heavy for daily usage???)
Price: $146.77

Attachments

• monalisa_brown.jpg
    monalisa_brown.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 76
  • monalisa_1.jpg
    monalisa_1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 71
  • monalisa_back.jpg
    monalisa_back.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 69
  • monalisa_in.jpg
    monalisa_in.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 73
Name: Tania
Desciption: Lady briefcase style bag? (website says material is "Hand padden polished calf-skin leather")
Size: 12.6 x 4.33 x 9.06 inch
Weight: 0.9 KG
Price: USD $142.32

NOTE: Website says "Inside natural", meaning there is NO INNER LINING...
-Is it common / acceptable for briefcase-style bags to have NO Inner lining?
- I've never had any bags that are without inner lining... any idea if no inner lining means the quality/workmanship of the bag is not of good quality???

Attachments

• tania_red.jpg
    tania_red.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 63
  • tania_purple.jpg
    tania_purple.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 70
  • tania_in.jpg
    tania_in.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 67
  • tania_back.jpg
    tania_back.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 66
  • tania_brown.jpg
    tania_brown.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Name: Nadia
Desciption: Duffle-style leather bag
Size: 17.72 x 5.91 x 7.87 inch
Weight: 0.75 KG
Price: USD $130.09

Attachments

• nadia_in.jpg
    nadia_in.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 61
  • 007_dark_brown.jpg
    007_dark_brown.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 007_cognac.jpg
    007_cognac.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 007_black.jpg
    007_black.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 64
I'm certainly not versed in all the designers,
but IMO these do not look like an exact copy
of any other bag.

I really love the Mona Lisa bag!

Thanks for posting, that's a bag in my price range that looks like it's worth considering.

Name: Monte Carlo
Desciption: Mini Travel Leather Bag
Size: 15.75 x 4.72 x 9.45 inch
Price: USD $133.44

Attachments

• montecarlo_honey.jpg
    montecarlo_honey.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 64
  • montecarlo_brown.jpg
    montecarlo_brown.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 66
  • montecarlo_red.jpg
    montecarlo_red.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 77
  • montecarlo_in.jpg
    montecarlo_in.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 69
Mona Lisa bag is very eye catching! It doesn't look like a copy of any particular bag. I don't think 1.2kg is that bad, but it depends on what you plan on carrying in there. I have a bag that weighs more than that, and it does get heavy at times if I carry more than a wallet, phone and keys.

Name: Tania
Desciption: Lady briefcase style bag? (website says material is "Hand padden polished calf-skin leather")
Size: 12.6 x 4.33 x 9.06 inch
Price: USD $142.32

NOTE: Website says "Inside natural", meaning there is NO INNER LINING...
-Is it common / acceptable for briefcase-style bags to have NO Inner lining?
- I've never had any bags that are without inner lining... any idea if no inner lining means the quality/workmanship of the bag is not of good quality???

This is inspired by a very popular leather brand called "The Bridge". These are popular in Europe. Very expensive bags. I don't now whether this is popular in the US?

The bags from "The Bridge" are very quality. They have a few bags which have no inner lining. This modell is very popular under business people.

Hi All!

Thanks for all the feedback!! :yes:

Think I'm leaning towards the mona lisa as well, just still a little concerned about the weight b'coz I'll be using it for work and will 'stuff' it full with my agenda, documents, etc... :shrugs::sweatdrop:

Although... haa... still interested in the red colour Tania too...:P coz it loks really functional and think the red colour + smaller size (vs a normal briefcase) helps it look more like a ladies bag than an actual man's briefcase......

Hi fettfleck!

Thanks for your info. on The Bridge bags! :yes:

May I just clarify with you if this design is specific to The Bridge, or its just a common briefcase design among Europe's business bags' brands?

Just did a search online for "The Bridge" and men's leather briefcases brands from Europe, and found another high-end europe brand - "Chiarugi", which has this exact same design... :confused1::confused1::confused1:

And their pricings are about the same too (they only hav men's briefcase version):

1) "The Bridge" Version @ 541 Euro
http://www.swedbags.com/en/art/the bridge large briefcase.php

2) "Chiarugi" Version @ 424 Pounds
http://www.uk.forzieri.com/usa/prod...&id_valore3=&id_valore4=&id_valore5=&search=1

btw, i'm in asia, and had never heard of either of these 2 brands... hee... but then, i've also never paid attention to men's briefcase brands...

Last edited: