Do the Florentine bags in colors other than natural darken too?

anagem

Dec 27, 2012
So I know how everyone's always raving about how the natural florentine bag darkens and gets a gorgeous patina, but how about the rest of the colors? I was kind of looking forward to that darkening but then I went got the chestnut instead of the natural. So I was just curious if that and the other colors darken too. Anyone have before and after pictures for the different colors?

My chestnut did darken, I don't have a before but here's last weekend. It is really varied, like a bomber jacket that gets better over time. I love this bag!

Attachments

• image-323616171.jpg
    image-323616171.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 1,298
Reactions: mushroomNgrass
I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent. :biggrin: I don't notice any darkening on any of mine except the natural. Of course, they were all pretty dark to begin with. I agree that they develop more of a shine after use. You can see the patina in the medium hobo...

0dca8ec7d80f94ceb6494726438cabc3-2.jpg

I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent. :biggrin: I don't notice any darkening on any of mine except the natural. Of course, they were all pretty dark to begin with. I agree that they develop more of a shine after use. You can see the patina in the medium hobo...

OOhhhh I see the twist strap hobo in the back....do you love it?? I think I NEED one of those!

That is really a lovely lineup of handbags! That navy is a very nice color in this Florentine leather. Sometimes navy bags can be very dark but this one looks like a shade I imagine a navy bag should look.

Hello all! I've had a florentine satchel in chestnut for approx. 6 months with intermittent heavy use (I change bags approx. every 2-3 weeks, depending on mood, weather) but the shine is nowhere near ktheartnurse's - that color is beautiful! Did you apply anything? I love mine but would love a similar shine.

PS: Just realized that the Dooney forum is up and running - thanks to all of you that made it happen! :happydance: