Do small leather goods have blindstamps? Where to look?

Here are the pics..thanks in advance for your help guys! (esp Hermesaholic and hkloosterman :smile:)

CIMG6145.jpg

CIMG6125.jpg

CIMG6118.jpg

CIMG6116.jpg

I'm not an expert, but to me the stitching does't look good at all. If I look at my bags and wallets the stitching goes a little upwards not straight.

Here on Ebay,http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-HERME...ryZ63852QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem this is an authentic wallet.

Look at the stitching, they aren't straight, it goes sort of // if you see what I mean.

the wallet has to be really ancient like in the 1950 for having no blindstamp.

The writing Hermes looks different too to me.

If I look to the pictures I do not think it is authentic? did you buy it on Ebay ?

Here are pictures my wallets, I really zoomed in here,
the real size of the etoupe (its the coinwallet that goes in the dogon) is 6 1/4 x 3 3/4

and the brown zoomed in on the pockets 5 x 3
the stitches are so nice, clean and tight and they all point to the same direction.

Attachments

• dogon1.jpg
    dogon1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 99
  • dogon2.jpg
    dogon2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 94
as for the other one on Ebay, I don't know, I would ask about the blind stamp, the string used on this wallet matches the leather and the leather looks better than your wallet. But I can't tell if it is authentic.

argh...i wish there was as Hermes boutique in my city...I'll have to wait until my next trip...hopefully they offer authentication...any one know?

the 'hype' is that every hermes piece is beautiful a work of art, because of your questioning I really started to look closely to the stitching and now I even more appreciate it even. I really advise you to get your piece authenticated. The pictures (it could be just bad pictures) what bothers me is the stiching, not fine, the leather is uneven 'cut' (not a straight line) and the missing blindstamp.

I made a ZOOOM close up of the stichting of one pocket so this is 2,5 by 3 real size, if I look at it I think it is so divine and I just do no have that looking at your pictures.

I sure would have wished that you had enclosed your sellers info, it would have helped us.

Attachments

• ZOOM.jpg
    ZOOM.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 78